free hit
counters
Where there’s cash. - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Where there’s cash.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Smoke and fire come to mind. See there are a couple of family companies mentioned.

Could just be the media looking for a story of course.

The whole Captain Tom thing went global very quickly so I suppose it's not unreasonable to think that there could be some genuine costs incurred from managing the whole thing. Innocent until proven guilty I guess and there's no evidence yet of any wrongdoing according to the report.

Be a shame if it turns out to be anything else...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

I really do hope this is completely innocent and there’s a backlash against the BBC. Only time will tell.

Only here once

Agree, but wonder what started the watchdog to have a look, don't think that the Beeb would have started this. More like Boris trying all ways to distract everyone in anyway.

Article does say...

The Charity Commission, which is run by the government, said: "We have been in ongoing contact with the trustees of the Captain Tom Foundation on its set-up and governance arrangements and as part of this work will now assess the charity's recently submitted accounts."

It said it had an open regulatory compliance case into the charity, but that did not mean it had made any finding of wrongdoing.

• Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

but that did not mean it had made any finding of wrongdoing

That’s not stopped the bbc as per usual.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

hmmmm well i kinda saw this earlier and that aint going to end well but live by the sword you die by !!! funny what money does to people and i say that in the middle of a massive legal family issue !!!!

• Like 1

On 09/02/2022 at 20:14, windymiller said:

………. funny what money does to people and i say that in the middle of a massive legal family issue !!!!

Glad I’m not the only one!🤦 It can be hard to believe the unbridled greed displayed by a family member whom you thought you knew well. We’re 11 months into it with probably many more ahead of us. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spinney said:

Glad I’m not the only one!🤦 It can be hard to believe the unbridled greed displayed by a family member whom you thought you knew well. We’re 11 months into it with probably many more ahead of us. 

Totally with you on this. I collect antiques so anything "Passed down" is safe with me, however an unnamed family member fought very hard to get several antiques I really wanted from a close family member when they passed away. I didn't want to cause a fuss but did notice that everything they wanted was the highest value items. I said I'd have whatever, just to remember them by, even though I really wanted at least one for my own collection. 

The next thing I know all of the items were stripped down and sold individually. And the real ball breaker was I didn't even get asked to buy them which I would have done.

This made another family member remove them from their will all together so Karma will out in the end!

• Sad 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
On 09/02/2022 at 18:18, exeterjeep said:

Agree, but wonder what started the watchdog to have a look, don't think that the Beeb would have started this. More like Boris trying all ways to distract everyone in anyway.

Really? FFS.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

On 09/02/2022 at 20:14, windymiller said:

funny what money does to people and i say that in the middle of a massive legal family issue !!!!

We used to holiday with my aunt and uncle several times a year, very close as a family...... until they manoeuvred my grandparents. Mum hasn't spoken to her sister in 30 years now.

• Sad 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

There's an awful lot of regulation, legislation and rules around running a charity (I'm Deputy chair of one) and an investigation like this is not out of the ordinary, especially for a young charity with high cash inflows.

Remember, no sign or indication of wrong doing but as usual reporting to raise questions ( that may not be relevant).

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

On 09/02/2022 at 20:06, Barrykearley said:

That’s not stopped the bbc as per usual.

I don't know what you mean by, "That hasn't stopped the bbc as per usual."  They have reported a story which, I'm sure, people will be interested in and  about which rumours were spreading from those who already knew about it.  The story didn't imply wrong doing.

I think your anti-BBC view is clouding your judgement here.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

And the Queen's Commonwealth Trust have paid 98% of it's donations in salaries to 10 staff. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10533519/Royal-charity-spent-98-cash-raised-one-year-paying-just-10-staff-probe-reveals.html

• Sad 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.