free hit
counters
storm eunice - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

storm eunice

windymiller

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Just been out chasing bins down the road and rescuing people's cars down the street from various large objects hurtling around. It was 'bin night' around here so not the best time for a storm. 

• Sad 1

Yup. So far 5 leylandii down smashing garden shed, pinned powerline in garden on top of shed, telephone line taken out, panel fences destroyed, old willow tree destroyed and we've 3 hours to go...

• Sad 2

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

We have had 3 of the sheep in our front wood blow over, the concrete ones are fine though.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

why is it we always have numpties that do things that put others in danger in weather like this ?? just seen pics of the coastguard having to get some swimmers out of the sea at brighton ffs they should be given the bill from the emergency services

• Like 2

Well it looks like the barn door has survived which is a bit of a miracle considering the wind we have had. But we have no power to at least midnight and I am getting really bored. The good news is I worked out how to tether my phone to the laptop, the bad news is there is bugger all phone signal.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Terrible news, I'm going to have to fix the fence... I might submit pictures to the BBC, I'm sure it'll make the news 'fence blown over drama'

e36358cd-d860-4171-ba36-94bd60bebc2c.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

We’ve been up in central Scotland on family holiday this week. My main concern was the promised snow, especially as we were in a remote location (Loch Tay) with only summer tyres on my Passat. We got up early and left the house by 7.10am, by which time there was already a fair dose of the white stuff and it was settled on the roads. I honestly didn’t think we were going to make it as the traction control kept kicking in on any incline but we somehow managed to keep going. We only cleared the snow approaching the Glasgow area. Then into England it was relentless heavy rain all the way to our overnight stop in Manchester. We counted 8 individual crashes, 7 of which only involved 1 car. They were probably all down to people driving too fast for the atrocious conditions. It’s not like we weren’t warned.

Let’s hope our house is still intact when we finally get home to Northamptonshire tomorrow.

• Sad 1

Not often you see a burger shack with free delivery! 

• Haha 1

Evora NA

8 minutes ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Shed of the week?

Mobile field shelters do not need planning permission unlike normal stables. Doubt if that covers road use though.

• Like 1