Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
storm eunice - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

storm eunice

windymiller

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Woohoo - power has just come back on and the wind has subsided, will find out tomorrow how much damage there has been. We have had wind (obviously), rain, hail, sleet, snow and sometimes all at the same time, what a day! 

• Like 2

Wow, hope he is ok, he definitely did not see that coming to him. Could easily have killed him.

This is the sort of thing one has seen in films of US tornados. But hopefully this was not a real one, but a plastic one????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

But hopefully this was not a real one, but a plastic one

My guess a bit of photoshop :)

On 18/02/2022 at 14:37, Bibs said:

8 hours without a single crash, that wont keep the audience happy!

(of course I'm glad no crashes happened, enough damages and loss as it is!)

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
On 19/02/2022 at 03:52, windymiller said:

my nephew just sent this which was taken near where he lives !!!

IMG-20220218-WA0000.jpg

Shouldn't that have come with obligatory Slow/Stop traffic guys?

Someone in the local council should be shot. Or does it not need it because it is a temporary structure?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Well we got home from our week’s holiday in Scotland and there was thankfully no damage to report from storms Dudley and Eunice. Franklin on the other hand is proving a different matter. Most of the contents of our wooden playhouse cum coal shed just went past the living room window, so we looked outside to see this. The wind today has basically torn the roof and walls off the base. If it had only held on for another 3 hours or so, I think we would have got away with it.

jmb3Jin.jpg

Today's winds seem to be worse than we had a few days ago, fence has taken more of a hammering, made worse by the excavation of soil from the neighbours side of our fence for the installation of a mobile home. Has made the ground weak so the posts and concrete are moving towards them. Bits of another fence that was hit by a barrow a few days ago will be much easier to fix.

Storm damage "devastating" for Bristol car dealership

https://www.am-online.com/news/dealer-news/2022/02/21/storm-damage-devastating-for-bristol-car-dealership

The boss of a Bristol Suzuki car dealership has been left reeling after Storm Eunice wrecked 15 new cars on its forecourt.

"It's going to be hard to replace those cars."

Suzuki, like most car brands, has suffered new car supply issues caused by the global shortage of semiconductors, 

Devon and Cornwall fuel shortages: Motorists urged not to panic buy as Storm Eunice hits deliveries     - was that a week or so ago......but it has been half term ..... tourists?..........

21:03, 26 FEB 2022

UPDATED  21:27, 26 FEB 2022

Dont panic......

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/fuel-shortages-motorists-urged-not-6725321?fbclid=IwAR0dT59Oxh1T4paaoL189yiC0gn1MyPymWmGkNX0JgMUSiSNKqOmRem4FxY