Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ukraine - Page 9 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

LotusLeftLotusRight

1 hour ago, march said:

Strange that the EU is managing this without too many worries. Our government appears (to me) to be having a complete failure in letting the populous know what the government is actually managing to achieve, or it's shown it has a complete and utter lack of backbone.

They are being given time to dispose of assets and get their money out. Many made significant contributions to our governing party

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

So according to our news here, Putin is the first leader in history to target and attack a nuclear facility. Europe’s largest power facility  

Nice guy. He never wanted to invade apparently. The West caused it. I suppose whatever helps him sleep at night. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/top-russian-general-gunned-down-26379437

fingers crossed specific targeting of high profile figures will continue.

Only here once

13 hours ago, ramjet said:

So according to our news here, Putin is the first leader in history to target and attack a nuclear facility. Europe’s largest power facility  

Nice guy. He never wanted to invade apparently. The West caused it. I suppose whatever helps him sleep at night. 

Careful with the terminology, calling it an "invason" will get you jail time in Russia (oh you're not there? Nevermind !! )😜

• Gold FFM

And Twitter and a bunch of other social media sites. Stifling the word of millions. Whether it is to stop voices that are Russian or voices outside Russia, I am not sure.

If the Russians have been launching cyberattacks on the Ukrainians, surely that opposite is true?

Are cyberattacks on Russia something that the NATO countries could do covertly?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

The figures vary when you consider differences between active personnel /  reserves. There must also be a consideration of those with conscripts and those who are longer term professionals.

eg https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/military-size-by-country

shows a large difference in Ukraine's position without calling up the reserves.

Rare I know, but this seems like some balanced journalistic insights from, of all the places, the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60597186

Shell's just bought a load of Russian Crude. So personally, I will NOT be frequenting ANY Shell establishments nor buying any of their fuel or oil products.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Anyone got any idea as to how this special military operation war might end? Difficult to see anything other than a long drawn out war of attrition with Ukraine being bombed back to the C19th, the west's unity defocusing and Putin establishing a puppet government. I'd like to be more optimistic but if anything am more worried about what Putin will go after next.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

That’s too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence. Eerie. 

• Sad 1

Eerie is correct.  God I hate coincidences.  Especially one's that can really change an entire planet in the blink of an eye.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, mayevora said:

023A7A33-6FAD-478C-9D90-CC6AA155AC98.jpeg

Got me wondering how common 68 would be when the date was summed in this way. Did a histogram of the date 'numbers', the number of occurrences from 1900 to the present day:

image.png.e00abca1c5eccae1a9a67dc5f3a0eddc.png

68 is one of the more common ones. 56, 57 and 58 are the most common ones. Assuming no more than one war per year, it's a 1.12% chance it'll start on a number 68 day, 1.34% it'll start on a 56/57/58 day. Either way, still a low probability coincidence that these 3 wars start on 68.

• Like 1

According to Gypsy Rose the tea leaves say it's all rollocks and merely a coincidence.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

I just went and looked at the Falklands War and the Vietnam War. Both of these had dates that added up to a far higher number.

I dread to think that Putin waited for the date that added up to that number.

• Like 1