Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ukraine - Page 20 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

LotusLeftLotusRight

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

You might be right. I didn't hear all of the report on the news.

Question: We are aware that Putin is actively restricting access to media and social networks to keep his public thinking that his way is the best way. Either his frontline people such as ambassador to the UN etc are restricted to what they can access, which I find difficult to believe as the ambassador is not in Russia, or they just think that EVERY other media outlet in the world is lying. I wonder if Putin himself is restricted by the gag that he has enforced on everyone else in Russia?

Either that or he simply believes his own rhetoric so completely that he also thinks that EVERY other media outlet in the world is lying as well.

And if he is so blatant about not being able to be trusted, does the converse also hold true that he may be completely unpredictable?

If he did step over the line and use anything nuclear, I wonder what the repercussions would be and how swift?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Interesting to read that the Ukrainians appear to have destroyed the guided missile cruiser Moskva with their own domestically developed land-based missiles. That’s a bit a game changer with regards to Russia’s naval ambitions in the South. Let’s hope the Ukrainians have plenty of missiles in reserve to keep the Russian navy at arm’s length. The Russians will be going all out to find and destroy them. It was 40 years ago when the Argentinians attacked our task force with Exocets: it was really only their lack of inventory and espionage efforts to stop re-supply from France that saved us.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Well if the Movska has been completely evacuated, Ukraine should either salvage it and claim ownership as it has been deserted, or send a crew out and sink it completely. Or better still, start it running toward the rest of Russia’s fleet with timed charges to go off once it is real close.

”We were just trying to be nice and giving you your ship back Mr. Pootin. We have no idea what caused the massive explosion.”

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

USA have committed another $800m in weapons etc. I thought the news initially said that Russia only had enough ammo to last 10 days but here we are on day 50... Surely this is becoming attritional and they'll run out of troops/tanks/missiles etc soon and Ukraine have a very steady supply of cutting edge hardware on their side? 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, Bibs said:

USA have committed another $800m in weapons etc. I thought the news initially said that Russia only had enough ammo to last 10 days but here we are on day 50... Surely this is becoming attritional and they'll run out of troops/tanks/missiles etc soon and Ukraine have a very steady supply of cutting edge hardware on their side? 

Historically, a lack of materiel has never stopped the Russians...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Here’s another thought. Go out to the Movska and fire all of its missiles at the Kremlin.

”Oops. Slipped.”

And then do one of the aforementioned options. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I have a feeling there isn't much of the Movska left to do any firing.

Russia are trying to spin it as an accident but there is no way they can come out of this situation without being embarrassed.

• Gold FFM

I wonder if there are any satellite images of it?

• Gold FFM

I've been keeping an eye out and it doesn't look like it at the moment. From the weather satellite it looks like there is a clearer patch around the area although still a lot of cloud about. We might get something later.

• Gold FFM

Oooo. That’s going to smart. 

• Gold FFM

Apparently, it 'lost its balance' in high seas whilst being towed after a small fire that was under control.

Translation: hit by two Ukrainian missiles, blew up and sunk where it was whilst Russia tried to work out if they could cover it up

• Like 2

“The Moskva was equipped with a triple-tiered air defence system that if operating properly should have given it three opportunities to defend itself from a Neptune missile attack”.

OOPS

347F6633-30FA-43E1-BF54-382C7DF00B97.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Painterdave said:

The moskva is as old as my lotus excel 

I'm sure your Excel is in much better shape! 😉

My Excel was also first registered in 1983 (but not built in 1979)

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.