Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ukraine - Page 22 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

LotusLeftLotusRight

7 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Ukraine have attacked Russia 2 or 3 times so far - railway lines & fuel storage

Yes, there was the refinery attack by 2 helicopters a couple of weeks ago which sparked indignant outrage by the Kremlin. If it wasn’t so tragic, the Kremlins attempts at playing the victim when Ukraine has made these very limited sorties into Russia would be laughable.

“We can invade your land, attack you, commit murder and other atrocities destroy your towns and cities and carry out genocide, but how dare you attack us on our territory.”

The whole thing is so very tragic and unnecessary. I’d like to think the Russian people will cry enough and start an insurrection but Putin has such a tight rein on the propaganda, I just can’t see that happening any time soon. 

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Doesn’t look that rough really, does it?

Bit hard to lie about nature.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Question for everyone. I would suggest that all the answers will be based on our gut feel or simp[ly on opinion as we just don't know the way Putin thinks.

Is his mind twisted enough to deploy a nuclear weapon?

Me personally? I just do not know. I do know he can't be trusted though. What that means though, is anybodys guess.

I also do not believe that Russian soldiers in an area would be reason enough for him to not do the unthinkable.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

Question for everyone. I would suggest that all the answers will be based on our gut feel or simply on opinion as we just don't know the way Putin thinks.

Is his mind twisted enough to deploy a nuclear weapon?

I agree with you.  I don't know if he'll use nukes (tactical or worse).  But I do know that his military is expendable.  The rhetoric he keeps spewing is toxic to everyone.  If he's delusional enough to believe it, then there's a higher probability the war will go nuclear.  A former co-worker of Putin's stated he only understand strength - no talks, no cease fires, no policies, no UN, no G7, no diplomacy.  It's probably time to give him a bloody nose to stop this war.  The real question might be "who" and "what weapon" will delivery the punch?

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

My gut feeling is he wouldn’t but then at the beginning of this thread before the war actually started, I said I thought he was simply sabre rattling, so what do I know??🤷‍♂️

Couple of facilities have burnt down in Russia today - scroll down the thread for the 2nd one.

6 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Couple of facilities have burnt down in Russia today - scroll down the thread for the 2nd one.

Would this be Russian's that have access to global news channels responsible for this?  

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

Let's hope so. Internal civil unrest as well as external pressures may make him pack it all in, bit somehow I doubt it.

If this was internal, the people who did it are very brave.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I was just thinking, if Russia's nuclear capability is as good as the systems they had on the Movska for missile defence, which I believe they mentioned several times, it's a shoe in that they are telling whoppers.

• Like 1

I'm wondering what it is that he thinks he has that's way ahead of anybody else. the ones that Putin refers to "We have all the tools no-one can boast of.....". I'm also wondering whether he just thinks he has them because he's been told he has them in thee same way he was probably told that he has an efficient and effective army.

3 hours ago, andydclements said:

I'm wondering what it is that he thinks he has that's way ahead of anybody else. the ones that Putin refers to "We have all the tools no-one can boast of.....". I'm also wondering whether he just thinks he has them because he's been told he has them in thee same way he was probably told that he has an efficient and effective army.

Hypersonic missiles

I see Russia has hit a warehouse in Ukraine which housed weapons donated by the West.

Can someone explain to me why the US and other countries keep announcing what arms they are sending to Ukraine. Wouldn’t it be better to keep quiet and just send them rather than keep alerting Putin to the fact that they are being sent and what they are.

Same with all the verbal crap being shouted about by Liz Truss, NATO, the UN and the US. It all boils down to giving Putin to react to. Just keep quiet and as far as NATO and the UN are concerned they need to realise that actions speak louder that words!

• Like 1

Liz Truss's speech.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/foreign-secretarys-mansion-house-speech-at-the-lord-mayors-easter-banquet-the-return-of-geopolitics

I don't think this is "verbal crap", it is sending a very specific message, and similar needs to be said by the rest of Europe, the US and others.

• Like 1

The action that needs to occur is removing Putin.   A plan to have him ousted by any means necessary should be the top priority.  The plan must include all with access to the nukes and the elimination of those personnel.  If they are somehow caught/captured alive, then they would be imprisoned for all eternity and stand trial for all applicable war crimes.  If found guilty of war crimes, public execution (broadcast worldwide) will be considered.  The reason for the broadcast is simple.  Anyone stupid enough to think they can causally take over a sovereign nation with or without nuclear capabilities will end up on the chopping block literally.  

I sincerely hope this is a plan being discussed and the other public stuff is a diversion.

If the plan is successful, then Alexei Navalny should then be released and Elections can be held for a new leader.

Edited by bogle

• Gold FFM

I read some opinion piece that says some of Putin's closest generals are unhappy with him and are thinking about a coup.

That was something I thought may be a good idea as well.

Here's the kicker though, the generals are unhappy with the way Putin has handled the war by retreating and not blowing Ukraine to smithereens. The generals apparently want to go harder at the 'Special Military Operation.'

What is wrong with the moral compass of these guys? They are soldiers. They have to have some sort of little voice in their head that tells them that this is just plain wrong?

• Gold FFM

I know there are other wars between countries that have been going on for years, but I don't think I have seen anything that has the same sort of devastation or what seems to be totally indiscriminate shelling of civilian areas.

The money that is being thrown at this in a very short period of time.

I just have this fear that if he gets his way in Ukraine, as Zelensky has said, he will not stop there.

I agree with the comments earlier about the media. Why say what you are going to do? Don't let him know, just do it. Then it comes as a surprise and they haven't had time to put some sort of contingency into place.

While he may be controlling what his countrymen see, I just cannot believe that he is not watching everything.

On 29/04/2022 at 11:10, ramjet said:

What is wrong with the moral compass of these guys? They are soldiers. They have to have some sort of little voice in their head that tells them that this is just plain wrong?

That only really applies to military leaders where they think of that military as being there to protect their territory, in the case of Russian military leaders they are more like politicians but with an even nastier side. 

I watched a news video on YouTube. It said that UK,US and French nuke submarines at faslane. This is highly unusual and is a show of strength from NATO to show the alliance is strong.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

NATO's not going to put up with Putin nonsense.  However, I agree with the idea that the only way to stop the War is by Putin's death.  Don't care who does it, just get it done before something horrible happens.  He's obviously bonkers to credit his military for raping and killing civilians and children.

Edited by bogle