free hit
counters
Ukraine - Page 12 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

Here's something that does not make sense. If you can claim VAT back it is cheaper to buy diesel today from Sainsbury's than to fill your own Red Diesel tank (Duty on White Diesel = 57.95p per litre, Duty on Red Diesel 11p per litre). Something smacks of profiteering.

So Expect lots of tractors queuing up at your local supermarket soon.

• Love 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Duty is different to the VAT as I understand  - VAT on Red Diesel is 5% and 20% for White which will be on top of the price which includes the duty. Hope this makes sense. It just shows that Red diesel without duty and VAT is much more expensive than White Diesel which does not make sense to me.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, march said:

Here's something that does not make sense. If you can claim VAT back it is cheaper to buy diesel today from Sainsbury's than to fill your own Red Diesel tank (Duty on White Diesel = 57.95p per litre, Duty on Red Diesel 11p per litre). Something smacks of profiteering.

So Expect lots of tractors queuing up at your local supermarket soon.

Absolutely correct. You aren’t the first farmer to mention exactly that to me this week.

Only here once

13 hours ago, ramjet said:

Yeah. Imagine what a warthog could do to that convoy. :2guns::2guns::2guns:

Our news showed a farmer in his tractor towing a tank that according to the news, he had captured. Was quite funny. I wonder what he used as a weapon to get the soldiers out of the tank? A Moo&poo Cowtail?

You have a point.  A couple of passes by a pair of A-10s, at 10 minute intervals (four aircraft required) from the front, followed by a similar sortie from the rear would mess them up.

I read that Putin is now going to do to Kyiv and the other cities what he did to Grozny. Surround them before total destruction with bombardment from afar.

Hope the Ukrainians have a superior counter strategy.

DanR

And the news in Australia are saying that Russia is considering chemical weapons after receiving reliable intelligence that Ukraine is developing them for use against the Russians.

Which is a very convenient way of Russia just being able to say "We were just lucky to be able to strike first."

Oh, and they successfully bombed a maternity hospital.

And I would suggest that every one of the 'Cease Fire' talks they have had is just so the Putin can say "Russia tried to make peace. Ukraine did not want peace." (Insert 'to agree to my terms') And why should they?

Putin will not be remembered as a hero or saviour. He is quite literally making himself a pariah. He will never be able to leave Russian territory after this. Other than possibly a trip to a war crimes court. Maybe a covert operation will be awaiting on that trek?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Strange goings on about those Polish MiG 29s. At the weekend Biden’s boys were all for Poland allowing Ukraine to have its fleet (wiki says 23 serviceable aircraft) and “back-filling” the Polish Air Force with available used F16s. But as soon as Poland mentioned handing them over to America first, it was all stopped dead. Maybe Kamala Harris will now renegotiate, so that the aircraft are transferred directly to Ukraine? At the end of the day it’s no different to us sending all those tens of thousands of other weapons to Ukraine to help fight the Russians. Who cares what Putin says? He’s lied about everything else and is busy targeting maternity hospitals. It would be good for Ukraine to start a counter-attack and take the fight to Putin by bombing the Russian army around Kiev and shooting down a few more aircraft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Pretty sure the Americans have already offered Putin a way out and a nice retirement.

The only nice retirement for this guy weighs about 16 grams and goes super duper quickly.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

15 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Strange goings on about those Polish MiG 29s

Weirdly I think the issue is that they can be aggressive as well as defensive weapons. Err, unlike a missile! Sooner they're in Ukrainian pilots hands the better.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That got a mention here as well on the news. The reason it looks like the USA has pulled out is because there is a great fear, and probably well founded, that Vlad the lad would take that as Western aggression. Who knows what the clown would do then?

Wow, I was just horrible to people that wear red noses , funny shoes and try to make people laugh. I feel ashamed.

• Gold FFM

I think there's a few issues.

Firstly, as you say, it's an offensive weapon so becomes a bit more of a political issue.

Secondly, you are going to have a plane take off from a US base in Germany, I'm guessing armed, and fly into a combat zone potentially to strike Russia.

Thirdly, Russia will see this coming and can quite happily pick it out of the sky, potentially over Poland which would not be great

Fourthly, How does Russia then know which planes are blue and which are red - does anything over Polish skies become fair game?

It makes more sense to truck them into country over the border if they are going to do it, which of course are big juicy targets, but it's just not the easiest of actions to carry out without some serious drawbacks/issues

I don’t think there would be any great risk in flying them low from Poland to Ukraine. Apparently there’s a Ukrainian airfield right on the border, but they may as well just continue to their designated base. Last week 3 lumbering Ukrainian Air Force Antonov transport planes flew directly from Stuttgart to Ukraine itself, presumably full of weapons. Anyone with a smart phone / tablet could track them to within 50 miles of the Ukrainian border with Slovakia before they dropped down and switched their transponders off. They would have been sitting ducks, but I can only conclude that the Russian Air Force just isn’t operating in these areas. Ukraine is a big country, so they are probably worried about losing aircraft to SAMs if they go too far into Ukrainian territory at the moment. That’s why I think now is the time to get those MiGs delivered.

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Apparently there’s a Ukrainian airfield right on the border

There's this one next to Slovakia

I see Putin continues to show what a coward he himself really is by ensuring that it is all his cronies like Lavrov who are sent to conduct press interviews etc.  whilst he himself hides within the Kremlin walls.

Since no one can anywhere near Putin and all of the senior figures in the Kremlin are complicit in what is happening in Ukraine I wonder if any of them may get “taken out”.🤞 

According to Lavrov the Russians have not bombed/destroyed any hospitals and the Maternity Hospital hit yesterday wasn’t a hospital, it was full of Ukrainian soldiers.

I don’t usually reflect on things like this but I wish Putin and all of his cronies involved in this attack on Ukraine the longest slow and painful death possible 😠

• Like 2

I am not a warmonger and I don't like seeing anyone getting hurt but I felt like cheering when I saw this. Looks like they left at least 2 behind when they fled!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

My worry now is that Putin is suspected to be readying chemical weapons. If he uses those on the Ukrainian Civilians I just don't see how any country can sit by and let it happen!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

8 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Strange goings on about those Polish MiG 29s. At the weekend Biden’s boys were all for Poland allowing Ukraine to have its fleet (wiki says 23 serviceable aircraft) and “back-filling” the Polish Air Force with available used F16s. But as soon as Poland mentioned handing them over to America first, it was all stopped dead. Maybe Kamala Harris will now renegotiate, so that the aircraft are transferred directly to Ukraine? At the end of the day it’s no different to us sending all those tens of thousands of other weapons to Ukraine to help fight the Russians. Who cares what Putin says? He’s lied about everything else and is busy targeting maternity hospitals. It would be good for Ukraine to start a counter-attack and take the fight to Putin by bombing the Russian army around Kiev and shooting down a few more aircraft.

Maybe they should bomb the kremlin!

Just now, LotusFella said:

Or better yet steal😉 a stealth bomber from Germany, and bomb the Kremlin.

A bit like Clint Eastwood

10 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

Or better yet steal😉 a stealth bomber from Germany, and bomb the Kremlin.

A bit like Clint Eastwood

or better yet get Putin's castle.

Apparently, the maternity hospital was full of injured Ukrainian soldiers.

Probably another piece of ‘reliable intelligence.’