free hit
counters
Ukraine - Page 13 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

• Gold FFM
18 minutes ago, ramjet said:

Apparently, the maternity hospital was full of injured Ukrainian soldiers.

Probably another piece of ‘reliable intelligence.’

Oh that's OK then. I mean It's perfectly acceptable to target injured soldiers who can't fight back and the doctors and nurses tending to them.

No hint of cowardice or poor form in that approach.

If true, I can't imagine many Russians who are captured living for long.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Was interesting watching captured Russian soldiers being interviewed in one of the media conferences. Some answers took awhile. Soldiers crying as well. Who knows what to believe.

They weren’t wearing masks either. Tut, tut. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

The other day I stopped work for a tea break and put the TV on. There was a Channel 5 talk show on and they were discussing the Ukraine refugee crisis and what the public made of the 50 visa limit being banded about at the time. This woman phones in and says “Well 50 is too many. We’re a small country and we don’t have the room for them”. Not feeling the love of the panel, she back-tracked a little and triumphantly added “If we take 50, then every other country should take 50 and then it’ll all be sorted”.

I guess maths is not her strength. There are 195 countries in the world, so if they all took 50 refugees, that’d be homes for 9750 people. So not quite the 2 million already displaced then…

• Sad 2

Just watched the news about the terrible going’s on in Ukraine and then switched over to channel 4 and they’re showing the Paralympic’s.   Just so mad that sport is just continuing, especially when in China! Hong Kong’s gone quite and I guess Taiwan are shitting themselves.  What is it with these Dictators!  

• Gold FFM

Amazing how armed with only news feeds and twitter feeds we're all now military analysts and experts, including those whose only uniform in life was the one they wore at school.

Let's remember that France and Germany laughed in the faces of the UK and US when we warned this was coming.  I am not so sure I'd be supportive of sending UK service personnel into this war.  One, because we've all seen enough coffins be being driven through Wootton Bassett of UK service personnel fighting some Other Buggers war, and two, because I am not so sure about the ramifications and escalation that could see missiles land on and in our cities.

It's very easy to shout about what we should do. Are we ready for what the implications might be?

Right now, my amateur understanding is that militarily we are right at the limit of what we can do, the next step would be to declare we are at war with Russia. Who's going to be first in the queue to sign up then from here?

Also, yes I agree, we need to allow more Ukrainians in. Given our housing, education, healthcare, social care etc issues and shortages, do remind me again where they will be housed, fed, supported, educated, cared for, etc?

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

53 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Amazing how armed with only news feeds and twitter feeds we're all now military analysts and experts, including those whose only uniform in life was the one they wore at school.

Let's remember that France and Germany laughed in the faces of the UK and US when we warned this was coming.  I am not so sure I'd be supportive of sending UK service personnel into this war.  One, because we've all seen enough coffins be being driven through Wootton Bassett of UK service personnel fighting some Other Buggers war, and two, because I am not so sure about the ramifications and escalation that could see missiles land on and in our cities.

It's very easy to shout about what we should do. Are we ready for what the implications might be?

Right now, my amateur understanding is that militarily we are right at the limit of what we can do, the next step would be to declare we are at war with Russia. Who's going to be first in the queue to sign up then from here?

Also, yes I agree, we need to allow more Ukrainians in. Given our housing, education, healthcare, social care etc issues and shortages, do remind me again where they will be housed, fed, supported, educated, cared for, etc?

Scotland?

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Fine by me @Chillidoggyas you'll get the bill as usual.

Unless I’ve missed it, I’m surprised that Wee Krankie hasn’t taken the opportunity to score some political points from it. Or maybe she’s worried that England would move to invade Scotland, post-independence.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

I've been reliably informed that UK reservist are being called up 

• Sad 2

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Here's an interesting twitter thread about that convoy

• Like 2

Money. It beats everything it seems. It takes thousands being murdered before the UK stops Russians from laundering their dirty money here. Sport is not about competing or made to heal rifts as they would have you think. It's about money.

You watch. When this is all over the very Russians who back Putin will be welcome again, Cyprus and Greece will still have 50% of their properties owned by Rich Russians. London will still thrive on Russian money and ultimately it will go back to status quo as everyone seeks to get a piece of the Pie after sanctions are lifted!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I think Putin just wants to revert to the glory days of his “colossally successful” (his recent words) Soviet Union. 75 years of repression, lies, misery, terror, death and ultimately failure. In private I am sure he despises the oligarchs around him, who have made vast fortunes since the demise of the first Soviet Union. They’ll be first for the chop or salt mines if they hang around long enough.

Gee, the Russians don't want to get it wrong and fire something or slip across the border into Poland.

That would be interesting and terrifying. Both at the same time.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.