free hit
counters
Ukraine - Page 15 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

• Gold FFM
On 16/03/2022 at 08:43, DaveC72 said:

Zelenksy:

What to know about Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky - The Washington  Post

He did and got crucified by the BBC, the Labour Party and the UK press!

Starmer did something similar, and no one noticed.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Stunning what Putin will do to keep Russian citizens from the truth.  It was definitely easier to do this in the old days.  It's just a matter of time before the average Russian catches on that their leader is insane.  Not sure when the last successful coup was attempted in Russia?  In America, Jan 6th came really close to a successful coup which would have potentially ended democracy in the West.  Hopefully, Russian citizens can overthrow Putin and possibly flip from dictatorship to democracy?  They are going to have one hell of bill rebuilding Ukraine.  Plus all involved in the illegal takeover of Ukraine will be convicted of War Crimes.  I can't see a way where Putin survives to trial.  He'll either be taken out by his own staff or an assassin (don't really care what country performs this task).   At least, let's hope this happens before he starts WWIII and the nukes are in the air.  Unfortunately, I don't know a way for Putin to backdown without looking stupid, ignorant, idiotic, incompetent, insert your favorite adjective to describe this F**kface.

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Aren't all his cronies rich?  Perhaps someone in the administrative staff would be best since money is hard to come by.

• Like 2

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

His cronies (and him) are so rich it would take billions to spark their interest. Mazepin lost his F1 team and a massive yacht but probably hasn't made a dent in his lifestyle. Agree that it would take one/some/many of the "have nots" to rise and make a difference. The irony is not lost.

• Like 1

What sort of incentives would it take for his own to depose him?

Could Xi Jinping become the champion of the world by siding with the world against him? Wouldn't take much. And Russia is 146m so a small market compared to the ROW which China could lose. 

DanR

3 minutes ago, DanR said:

What sort of incentives would it take for his own to depose him?

Could Xi Jinping become the champion of the world by siding with the world against him? Wouldn't take much. And Russia is 146m so a small market compared to the ROW which China could lose. 

I'm thinking that Xi is watching this very closely because he intends to do the same with Hong Kong and Taiwan - especially if Putin is successful.  BUT...If Putin fails (which can't come soon enough), Xi could change his mind.  None of these thugs could take being a failure and humiliated by the entire world. 

I'm not sure what incentives to offer?  Identifying the haves as opposed to have nots is step one.  Step two is offering the have nots something of value in turn for dethroning the beast!  Step three is permanent removal by any means necessary.  Step four new government and lifetime repayments to Ukraine.  Step five release political prisoners who opposed Putin's regime. 

Renault have restarted car production in Russia - backed by Macron government

Emmanuel Macron gives Renault green light to resume car production in Russia - Metanewbuzz 

Here's a list of companies that have been trading with Russia, and what they are doing now.

Expanded List - Mar 22 - Detailed v5.xlsx | Powered by Box

Still trading companies at the bottom,

4 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

Here's a list of companies that have been trading with Russia, and what they are doing now.

Expanded List - Mar 22 - Detailed v5.xlsx | Powered by Box

Still trading companies at the bottom,

SC Johnson, Ralph Lauren, Astra-Zeneca, Emerson Electronics should have known better and done what others did.  Regrettably, I don't recognize the other companies and their failure to cooperate with the rest of the world.

Taiwan until 1600's was an independent country. Then came the Dutch, for a few decades, who were thrown out by some Chinese dynasty. China had it for about 200 years until 1895, then Japan until the end of WW2 and then independence.

China's claim is tenuous.

https://thediplomat.com/2020/12/has-taiwan-always-been-part-of-china/

• Like 1

DanR

21 hours ago, DanR said:

Wonder how much his cronies would want to turn him in?

Restoration of seized or frozen assets would be nice, but I suspect that throwing in immunity from prosecution would seal the deal if it comes to that point.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

If Pootin does not achieve what he wants, will he just shell the place into oblivion, which is difficult to do with his troops in a lot of areas, or does he do the unthinkable and use a nuclear weapon?

The longer it goes, the closer that decision possibly gets.

What would that mean as well to the rest of the world?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

So on our News, some Russian spokesman has still kept saying that Russia has not targeted one civilian target during this Special Military Operation. The News also said that Russia has lost nearly 10,000 troops.

They also are not ruling out the use of nuclear weapons now. I wonder if they would wait for their troops to withdraw?

How easy it would be if you were there to think that they were retreating vs withdrawing.

I will admit that I never thought I would see things like this in my lifetime. I now think that is, quite possibly, very naive.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

I think they’ve just mentioned nuclear weapons once more to put the frighteners on Biden again in advance of his visit to Poland on Friday. When you actually listen to what the Russian spokesman said, it was “possible use in the event of an existential threat to Russia”. Surely that’s why they developed nuclear weapons 70 odd years ago and why we had the Cold War? I don’t see how anything has changed from that point of view. 

Let's hope so.

2 hours ago, ramjet said:

So on our News, some Russian spokesman has still kept saying that Russia has not targeted one civilian target during this Special Military Operation.

Senior Russians have special types of mirrors. When they look in to them they don’t see a reflection but a utopian image of how their lies are reality.

12 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Emmanuel Macron gives Renault green light to resume car production in Russia - Metanewbuzz 

Just about sums up Macron’s EU vision “all for me & my country and sod the rest of you, until I want something off you. We stand united until that united decision affects home”

I really hope he gets well and truly stuffed at the next Presidential elections 🙏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

Just about sums up Macron’s EU vision “all for me & my country and sod the rest of you, until I want something off you. We stand united until that united decision affects home”

Yep just wait until Putin heads into NATO countries - a lot of shouting will be heard and not much else. As an aside the Rouble is well on it's way to a full recovery. Yeah for sanctions.

5 hours ago, ramjet said:

IWhat would that mean as well to the rest of the world?

Sorry for being vague...I meant other democracies participating in the efforts to crush Russia economically.  The other dictatorships round the world don't give a crap and probably celebrate Putin because they are diluted as him.

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Let’s hope folks vote with their wallets.

• Like 2

Only here once

on bbc....

Renault suspends manufacturing in Moscow

French car manufacturer Renault has announced that it is suspending work at its Moscow factory once more.

Earlier today, Ukraine's president called on Renault and other French companies to quit Russia as he addressed the French parliament via videolink

Serious question.

So let's say the ICC finds Putin guilty of war crimes. What happens then?

It's not like Putin is going to skip down the road to the criminal court.

How do they get him there? He will just say that any attempt to arrest him is an "aggressive move by the West" and then what will happen is anyones guess.

Unless his ego is so blindingly huge that he believes he will be found innocent?