free hit
counters
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 5 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

Pleasingly it looks like the wheels on that green top gear car do have the soft matte black painted finish like the mock-up wheels on the Seneca mule on the roadshow. 

If they turned out to be glossy black in production I’ll be devastated and asking to switch 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

just found this one in another emira forum. agree its definitely verdant green!

however, this copy looks different [to me at least!] from the previous copies  further up this thread.... appreciating I'd actually picked up a  pic someone had darkened earlier, which made it far more blue... still, even the first copy in this thread seems more blue to me.

The faces look normal too, rather than washed out.

perhaps its just me!!

image.thumb.png.86874408693b120ccafdd399f9d8ea27.png

Edited by Mctaff

On 08/03/2022 at 16:39, Cooper said:

Those two videos are certainly heartening, but if there's one thing I've noticed / heard from both of them, Lotus really need to see if they can nail that shift quality of the 'box especially when its under pressure.  Nearly sure I spotted some mis-shifts in the vids. Been there got the T-Shirt.  

Interesting to hear Henry say that Gav explained that the chunky steering wheel design is optimised for paddles as that’s how they expect most cars will be spec’d

• Confused 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-...) Lotus Emira FE I4 (2024...)

I guess he really means the DSG I4 cars, not just the auto V6, which I am pretty sure will be the minority V6 version. By the end of the Emira’s life, autos in general will presumably represent the most numerous version of the Emira.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2022 at 20:41, Mctaff said:

however, this copy looks different [to me at least!] from the previous copies  further up this thread.... appreciating I'd actually picked up a  pic someone had darkened earlier, which made it far more blue... still, even the first copy in this thread seems more blue to me.

perhaps its just me!!

Is this the first running Emira we’ve seen on production-spec rims?

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-...) Lotus Emira FE I4 (2024...)

For those who get EVO mag as subscribers the new mag arrived Saturday with me and has great editorial by Stuart Gallagher about the Emira and then a Hethel track drive by Richard Meaden in VP007 like everybody else (on p106 if you are newsstand flicking).  All very positive and already said elsewhere.  He does seem to get it more sideways than all the others however. :respect:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• Gold FFM
On 10/03/2022 at 20:48, Rambo said:

Is verdant green a standardised RAL colour? Or do manufacturers use artistic licence?

7501c076b91e1cdc5a3f679c3516ae8f (1).jpg

That is certainly not anywhere near the Verdant on the Emira.

On 10/03/2022 at 20:41, Mctaff said:

perhaps its just me!!

It does look more grey than green here. 

The car looked black when Tom and I first walked up the assembly line. 

There is no getting away from the fact it is super dark.

However, in the sunlight it will look amazing.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

12 hours ago, Al said:

For those who get EVO mag as subscribers the new mag arrived Saturday with me and has great editorial by Stuart Gallagher about the Emira and then a Hethel track drive by Richard Meaden in VP007 like everybody else (on p106 if you are newsstand flicking).  All very positive and already said elsewhere.  He does seem to get it more sideways than all the others however. :respect:

Part of Dickies article. Reads a bit like a spoiler free movie review.  Holding back for the full production car no doubt. Still positive!

https://www.evo.co.uk/lotus/emira/204636/lotus-emira-prototype-2022-review

I hope the Emira is a huge hit. 

I find the interior a real yawn, especially the all black trim version. I suspect Lotus fear offending the cautious buyers outside the current Lotus ownership circles. No doubt, a wise move but very same old, same old, it could be any car to my eyes. 

I'll be intrigued to see how light the car will feel on the road. McLaren are the masters of this, I hope Lotus achieve the same, as the listed weight is worrying high (for a Hethel). I laughed as the supposed new Ferrari hybrid bulk, sub-1500kg...surely a fib, more like 1700kg+ once wheels, tyres, fluids are added. Ferrari apparently notorious for unconventional methods of assessing mass.

Justin 

8 hours ago, jonwat said:

FERRARI V LOTUS

Hardly a fair fight. Would I be right in thinking that you could buy 2 Emiras for the price of 1 of those 296 GTBs?

If so, then 2 vs 1 would be better odds in that fight. 

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

Hardly a fair fight. Would I be right in thinking that you could buy 2 Emiras for the price of 1 of those 296 GTBs?

In your dreams, more like three :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Received this from the publishers of EVO yesterday. I wonder....... 

Dear Mark,
I wanted to let you know that your next issue of evo will arrive a few days later than usual. I hope you'll forgive us for the one-off delay, which is due to a number of manufacturer enforced embargos that lift on the day of publication.
I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of the late delivery.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, hedgerley said:

I wanted to let you know that your next issue of evo will arrive a few days later than usual.

is that the copy due out in april or the next one due out in May?

construction and property consultants : My company

17 hours ago, hedgerley said:

I wanted to let you know that your next issue of evo will arrive a few days later than usual.

Thought that the next Top Gear mag will have the road test of an Emira that is the production version. So may be these mags will therefore come out on the same day.

On 09/04/2022 at 02:08, Beady said:

is that the copy due out in April or the next one due out in May?

Its the May issue I think (or could be June, they always come out a month or two before the actual calendar month.....very confusing) which should be out by now (early April), for subscribers. We get it about a week before it hits the shelves. Its not a one off by the way, its happened once or twice before. 

I think Top Gear have trialed the production Emira test and indeed we have seen some 'spy shots' (the Verdant one I think). I would hope Lotus have let EVO into that prospect as well. We shall find out shortly. The tension is palpable!!!!

Still to early, I know, but something I haven't read about is the expected range you can get from a full gas tank. Or in other words: what will be the average consumption of the V6 and i4? Ok, true ... Everything depends on how heavy your foot is, but Lotus claims the Emira can be used as a daily driver, so I'm wondering how thirsty -especially the i4- will be when you are driving with a normal style in normal traffic. If you check out Spritmonitor with the MB (CL)A45, the fuel consumption they report is around 11 liters/ 100 km (=21,38 mpg). I wonder how accurate this is... 

My friend's Merc AMG A45 gets around 18-24mpg when driven in a spirited fashion, but easily gets 40mpg on motorways/relaxed driving. I'd imagine the V6 Emira's fuel consumption will not be dissimilar to an Evora 410/430; I can't see it being substantially different! Not sure if they are using an identical fuel tank, however, so the range may differ...