free hit
counters
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 10 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, yeller77 said:

Oof 😕

Yup. But very much like any modern Lotus from Elise on. Lotus are physics denying magicians at this for sure.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Overall seems really really positive, waiting for carfections and, dare I say it, Schmee150!

It would be the touring setup for me.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, yeller77 said:

Oof 😕

Schmee! Just spent 20 minutes cleaning up my vomit.

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Remove the exclamation mark and I’d subscribe to his channel to see that!!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

I think the worry for many is that the Evora launched to rave reviews and eCOTY win. Through its life it got strong reviews for it's dynamic ability and, most importantly, excitement of driving. It's weak points as usual in reviews were practicality, build quality and interior.

The Emira seems to have some question marks over the excitement. The reviews trend toward it being highly capable and therefore not that exciting (which is a trend for all cars as they have to compete on lap time reviews and being faster). Balance and ultimate grip can be altered in the after market, which should help, but in reviews it leaves the Emira squaring off against the Porsche options with a similar profile, high dynamic competence but not too exciting, nice interior etc. Unfortunately, without the heart argument the Porsche will win because it's an engineering exercise in refinement to logical perfection.

I'm surprised by the reviews very surprised. I've just sold a GT3RS because it was a bit dull I have a GT4 at the moment as a stop gap but also quite a dull and soft edged car. Neither of the Porsches are a patch on my old 410 Sport Evora to drive. Sometimes I do wonder what these reviewers are actually looking for other than a place held on the Porsche payroll which I have no doubt at all exists. 

Porsche do screw the cars together well and do all the owner experience stuff that Lotus will never be able to match but they are dull as dishwater cars.  These publications are supposed to be representing the last of us dinosaurs that really want an analogue driving experience yes with the addition of some mod cons. One of the reviews criticised the Emira for bit having anything "new" in terms of tech.  What do you rent a teasmaid satnav? 

Taking a positive it may well spur Lotus on to expedite the frutier variants. I'm waiting with deposit in hand for a road GT4 car. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Frickin_idiot said:

My thoughts precisely. Having watched the reviews I am starting to get cold feet. Maybe wait another 18 months and get the Cup.

My feet were cooling anyway and have just dropped by a few more degrees.  Glad I have delayed delivery so I can get a test drive and judge for myself.

• Like 1

Only a quick scan but in the mentions of the Emira's weight in comments above I didn't spot a figure.  In the reviews I have seen so far, there is only one given, in Stuart Gallagher's words in EVO.  Quite specific: "    to the 1486kg kerb weight of our test car ".

https://www.evo.co.uk/lotus/emira

I really wonder what the Lotus management are thinking right now.

Prototype test reviews just a few weeks ago were pretty glowing so why issue another batch of cars that are still not 100% production standard for a full test?

Why not wait a few more weeks until the cars are 100%?

Instead the reviews are 'what we all expected' at best, and perhaps a little below expectation to some.

Most of the reviews mention the car is still not production quality and subject to final tweaks but then go on to point out the items that still need sorting anyway, which adds an unnecessary negative feel to the review. This could have been avoided by waiting just a little longer. Or being cynical, if gives lotus an excuse if the reviews are not quite as good as they hoped.

On reflection the Evo you tube review is pretty scathing. Ignoring the unfair GT4 comparison, the sheer disappointment from the journo (I forget his name) on the Emira as a stand alone car is pretty clear. It looks like he wanted and expected it to be brilliant, but it wasn't. By comparison the Evo written article was much more positive. 

The rest of the reviews are pretty positive as a stand alone car, just not as good as the GTS. In reality I suspect most Lotus die-hards knew this would be the case, but hoped this time it would be different. However we buy into Lotus because its different and better in other ways.

Some buyers that are new to Lotus may well be having second thoughts and i can understand that. It looks stunning but as others have said, this car was pitched firmly against the GTS and the only conclusion I can draw from all the reviews, is that it has failed.

Personally I have been wavering for some time now but after the prototype reviews, decided to stick with it. My second thoughts were never about cancelling in full, just pulling out of the FE and waiting a bit longer for a base car and saving a bit of money (and the world today is a lot different to 12 months ago so a possible £8-10k saving is pretty appealing) . I am also still nervous about colour choice and still need to see a DV car in person.

I haven't changed my mind yet and I am really looking forward to what Chris Harris has to say (hopefully on Sunday). If he loves it as much as Harry then I probably proceed with the FE but if he is disappointed then i might just wait a while.

• Like 1

construction and property consultants : My company