free hit
counters
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 21 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

10 hours ago, New Emira said:

Attended the Taste of Lotus today at the Hethel track. Drove cars in both the Sport and Touring setup and they were sublime. The engine note of the V6 was superb and the grip, braking and acceleration were incredible. The quality of the cabin and overall finish was excellent so well worth the wait in these unprecedented times. Nimbus Grey looked stunning as did Verdant Green with privacy glass and black wheels. 

So let me get this right. The only way you can actually test drive one of these cars is to pay £180 for a 20 minute session at Hethel? Does anyone else of of a manufacturer that charges customers for a test drive? Do you get your £180 back when Lotus deliver your car?

• Confused 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
7 hours ago, Dobbin145 said:

So let me get this right. The only way you can actually test drive one of these cars is to pay £180 for a 20 minute session at Hethel? Does anyone else of of a manufacturer that charges customers for a test drive? Do you get your £180 back when Lotus deliver your car?

It's not the only way once dealer demo cars arrive, but it is the only way currently.  It strikes me as odd the first non-press people who get to drive the cars aren't necessarily deposit holders who've been waiting over a year but instead anyone who pays £180 and was lucky enough to pick an early LDA date that wasn't cancelled.  OK, some of those were deposit holders and great for the people who attended (and good to hear their feedback).  To me it's another example of Lotus not thinking about their deposit holders and early adopters.  We're clearly just recipients of "product" - as they don't call them "cars" these days.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, New Emira said:

Drove cars in both the Sport and Touring setup and they were sublime.

I think the deposit holders and other potential customers on here would appreciate your in depth review on this comparison. It seems to be the most asked question about the Emira.

My thoughts are probably not as relevant as the recent  “on road” review on Harry’s Garage which is available on YouTube. The Sport setup was the most compliant when cornering as you would expect when compared to Touring but both performed very well with no over or under steer so the choice will be down to your track/road use. Personally I am never likely to take the car on track so have opted for Touring to cope better with the poorly maintained roads locally. On road Harry said the Sport was a harder ride feeling some of the imperfections of the road surface which of course wasn’t discernible for me on track. The gear change was accurate and straightforward to use with the perfectly weighted clutch. The car exceeded my expectations in all respects and it received similar feedback from others that took part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@New Emira may I ask what other cars do you drive? What is your reference/benchmark car? 

For the few who know the difference

New Emira,

Jaguar F Type performance figures vary quite widely across versions.  From EVO, for some as low as 3.5 seconds for 0-62 mph.  EVO gives for the current P300 version 5.7 secs and for the P450 4.6 secs.

What version are you referring to as your current car?  Presumably that's the baseline for your impression of the Emira's performance - despite, I suspect, your test drive not including an attempt at 0-60 timing! 

• Gold FFM
On 24/07/2022 at 09:28, New Emira said:

50% of the participants were not buying an Emira and were there to just experience the car on track. For those of us with a deposit down it was great to drive the car at its full potential which you would not get from a dealer test drive on normal roads. Given the purchase price of £79,000 it is a small price to pay and was a great opportunity to chat to other buyers about their Emira journey and colour choices etc. From previous posts I believe cars are on their way to dealers so test drives will be available soon.

Nice. Lotus should offer a Customer Deposit  Day - it is not as if ALL of us will turn up .. ha. They could spread it out.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Men it sucks, that this is still another "review" of a pre-production car with excuses (not the final seats etc.)?? eieieiei...  At least we have seen all the colours by now! Hail Lotus!

If this continues like this, the Eletre will be the first new Lotus to buy and drive..  
Or has anyone seen an Evja? 😉

For the few who know the difference

Sat in the Emira at the Hendy day yesterday, that was also not a final spec car, think the seats were a version 7 and they are now on version 8 at the factory  (may be 6-7). Less headroom than the evora, so taller drivers would have a job with a race helmet on. @mayevora?

1 hour ago, AK70 said:

Men it sucks, that this is still another "review" of a pre-production car with excuses (not the final seats etc.)?? eieieiei... 

That review was probably filmed some months ago now. I would be a bit wrong if Lotus had completed the car and then sat on it for ages until releasing it to customers, so they're still developing it along with how to build it until it's as close to perfect as they can make it when customers start to have their cars delivered. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Not watched yet but assume it's the roadtrip that he wrote about in Evo, released now to give Evo exclusivity whilst the magazine is on the shelves. In effect, filmed around 2 months ago if I remember correctly. 

Oddly, the scenes with him walking up to the car in a station car park seem to show a French train passing by, so he must have driven it on the continent as well, at some point. Perhaps he erroneously set the sat nav for Dun near the Pyrenees, rather than Duns in the Scottish Borders?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mdavies said:

New Emira,

Jaguar F Type performance figures vary quite widely across versions.  From EVO, for some as low as 3.5 seconds for 0-62 mph.  EVO gives for the current P300 version 5.7 secs and for the P450 4.6 secs.

What version are you referring to as your current car?  Presumably that's the baseline for your impression of the Emira's performance - despite, I suspect, your test drive not including an attempt at 0-60 timing! 

Probably best you pay the £180 and base your decision to purchase on your own experience.

3 hours ago, New Emira said:

Probably best you pay the £180 and base your decision to purchase on your own experience.

Thanks for the suggestion but happy that I don't need to.  For anticipated future versions, perhaps.

• Gold FFM

I do love the F-Type and would have very, very likely have bought one until the Emira was announced.

• Thanks 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

7 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Sat in the Emira at the Hendy day yesterday, that was also not a final spec car, think the seats were a version 7 and they are now on version 8 at the factory  (may be 6-7). Less headroom than the evora, so taller drivers would have a job with a race helmet on. @mayevora?

I am 5’11” and was required to wear a helmet at the Taste of Lotus event and experienced no issues with the headroom.

• Like 1