free hit
counters
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 22 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

Agree it's odd this has come out now. All the pre-production drives were a couple of months ago. The Evo road trip was indeed to the South of France. Given the expected weather in the Alps Lotus provided the tour set up, which unfortunately got taken to Anglesey as soon as he got back.....

So, at least we have the French trip to look forward to. Henry is superb at these. I love his laid back but analytical style. He knows his stuff. The last Home Run he did was a McLaren GT to the seat of Bruce McLaren's ancestors in Balquidder via the Dukes Pass. Highly recommended, even if it's not a Lotus.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
10 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Chaps, sorry I get this sense of Henry being underwhelmed, almost disappointed..I await the flailing to arms a gnashing of teeth. 

19 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Different road trip - the first one was abroad……France from memory, in a grey one.

Quite right, different road trip.  Lucky chap!

• Gold FFM
On 25/07/2022 at 14:04, exeterjeep said:

Sat in the Emira at the Hendy day yesterday, that was also not a final spec car, think the seats were a version 7 and they are now on version 8 at the factory  (may be 6-7). Less headroom than the evora, so taller drivers would have a job with a race helmet on. @mayevora?

I was surprised how cozy (small) it did feel inside. My head (with the seat completely down and as far back as it would go) was on the ceiling.  So it’s a good 4-5cm lower than the Evora. As Scott correctly pointed out the Evora is a 2+2 so naturally it’s slightly higher and extends to a higher point. 
Emira definitely has less headroom and less room behind the seats so has a understandably smaller cockpit. The only issue on a personal note is I couldn’t track the car as I wouldn’t fit with a helmet unfortunately.  Would I still have one swap/trade the Evora? - Absolutely I would, it’s stunning. 😊👍

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 4 weeks later...

Seems a little harsh - a pre-production Emira with touring suspension/tyres up against 'that' lot. I appreciate the Cayman GT4's price is only 5-6K or so more than the first edition Emiras, but the 2022 models available on Autotrader are 100-118K. The Maserati, Ferrari and McLaren are 3-5 an Emira's price!

All you really got from that test was that the Emira's powertrain and transmission are looking increasingly long in the tooth, and they are hoping the i4 will be a significant improvement. To be honest, I think the i4 Emira has a lot riding on it...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/08/2022 at 18:02, Gadzooks said:

Stiff/unfair competition!

I think that is shows just how good 'CAR' mag think the Emira is to put in this test. Its a bit like putting a Cumberland sausage in a test against Porterhouse, Filet and T-Bone steaks. Done well to be considered.

• Gold FFM
On 25/07/2022 at 16:37, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

seem to show a French train passing by

I think you will find it was on of the UK East Coast Azuma liveried trains.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!