free hit
counters
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 6 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

22 hours ago, hedgerley said:

May EVO arrived. No Emira, just the Electra launch stuff. Looks like the delay was for yet another Porsche, the 911 GT4 RS. 

Came in to post exactly the same thing.  In fact I hadn't even worked out what the delay was for for sure.  

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A brief history of Lotus versus Ferrari Car magazine cover splashes...

car-mag-covers-lotus-v-ferrari.jpg

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-...) Lotus Emira I4 (2023?...)

Ummm... No. 1 spot is the BMW M Sport wheel as fitted to my current car... and I quite like it and certainly don't find it 'too thick and squidgy' and I have far from large hands. So an amusing but not all that factual or useful appraisal... much like the rest of Top Gear in fact.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea when the production car reviews are due?

are they even producing full prod spec cars yet?

• Gold FFM

I assume reviews are delayed 1-2 months, as production build is delayed by that amount.  Affecting dealer demo cars too. 

Does that delay buyers deposit commitment by 2 months as well?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Good point, I don’t think they are chasing as I haven’t been asked to pay second deposit for i4FE yet, but I believe some that have enquired have been asked? See on the configurator that the first deposit is now £4k, was originally £2k.

Received this today. Maybe, just maybe........

Like how they say 'one-off' - I've probably had half a dozen of these emails over the years!

Dear Mark,

I wanted to let you know that your next issue of evo will arrive a few days later than usual. I hope you'll forgive us for the one-off delay, which is due to a number of manufacturer enforced embargos that lift on the day of publication.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of the late delivery.

If you have any further queries regarding your subscription to evo, please call our Customer Service Team on +44 (0) 330 333 9491  or email [email protected].

Thank you for your patience and your continued support of evo magazine.

Kind regards,

signature

Stuart Gallagher
Editor, evo

Andrew Frankel tested the Emira today:

Drove Emira on road and track today. Can’t say a thing about it until June 7th. In other news, if you want one, it’s sold out for the next two years.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Frankel/status/1526977100909101056?s=20&t=_RI63herCsYWqj-EidCXeA

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-...) Lotus Emira I4 (2023?...)

I thought a couple of TLF members were told that they were getting the first customer car....

Anyone know who he is? :huh:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

18 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Anyone know who he is? :huh:

There you go. To 7AB1716F-E4B9-4C6A-9D18-5B0AA1E64D52.thumb.jpeg.80a3c4acf6ef785874b8f7d1ee4f4e02.jpegbe honest he is a very good journalist.