free hit
counters
Exige 410 Head Unit upgrade - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 410 Head Unit upgrade

Good evening all.

I plan to replace the Head Unit with a Single DIN flip screen unit to facilitate Apple CarPlay (maps specifically) as the touring plans develop for the coming months into Europe (France shortly to start with).

What have others used in their S3’s to this end? I see good Pioneer Units, but aware of the screen potentially obscuring vents and also heard the opening screen can knock the indicator stalk!

Also keen to upgrade speakers with the addition of a modest, small Sub such as Pioneer TS-WX010A (not heard, so no experience with it).

I’d love to hear your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

As far as I’m aware, the Pioneer is the only ‘flip’ screen still on the market. Other single din options are now a fixed screen that is permanently in place. 

I’ve personally got the Pioneer unit fitted. Yes, it blocks the centre vents and yes it hits the indicator stalk. I’m not that bothered about the vents really. You’ve still got the side vents, and I have the HVAC set to windscreen all the time anyway. The indicator also isn’t an issue for me personally as I leave the screen permanently out. The screen will go past the indicator if you hold the indicator fully down and ‘guide’ the screen past it. 

I fitted a wireless CarPlay dongle to mine and overall I love the set up now. 

I also have the active subwoofer you mentioned. It’s great. Far more powerful than you would need. I’ve had to turn the gain down to balance it out with the normal speakers. (And I’ve got rear speakers fitted as well as front ones)

• Gold FFM

@EX16FUN

The front speakers are Focal 100AC. I got those just because everyone else seems to and they are tried and tested. 

I didn’t go for matching rear speakers, but got some Rockford Fosgate R1525X2 ones instead. They seemed a good balance of performance vs price. 

• Gold FFM

I've fitted Focal 100AC front speakers, and matching Focal 130AC rears. This made a huge difference. Was previously thinking I'd need a sub as well, but shan't bother as these speakers are adequate for my needs.

I'd love to have a simple fixed-screen Car Play compatible head unit, but the only available options seem to be Chinese branded Android units. Some people seem to have used these to good effect, but I'd want to get the opinion of somebody I trust before parting with any money.

Excuse the dodgy orientation, but here's my current solution for navigation. MagSafe mount attached under the dash, so my phone forms a bridge between the gear selector and the heater panel. Not idea, but the most aesthetically pleasing solution I've found so far.

6786A8DA-E8AB-4286-8AD3-2B2F69BD0FF9.thumb.jpeg.5ce831de6613fdceaff19c7373347a9a.jpeg30BC8D1D-757D-4F0D-9632-EF0E48B57E55.thumb.jpeg.bc96fc223e22aae3dc59af96f8128118.jpeg