free hit
counters
'85 Turbo Esprit front bumper and bits needed - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

'85 Turbo Esprit front bumper and bits needed

• Gold FFM

Does anyone here have a front bumper going spare? I need a replacement that will fit .... (1985 model year, Turbo  Esprit, GRP bumper)

Oh, and lights might be useful too .....

Thanks in advance .....

IMG-3473.jpg

IMG-3481.jpg

• Sad 4

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I see SJ Sportscars has a front bumper for sale—I searched using the “Turbo prior 1988” drop down menu); not sure it’s what you might need.

I looked for the “What makes me happy” thread but couldn’t find it, so I’ll simply wish you good health 😎.

7E3F8CB8-7EED-48D5-92C9-DE07E8D07C27.png

• Like 1

1986 Esprit HCI (Bosch-injected)

• Gold FFM

Read the "What made you happy" thread. Holy crap ! You are a beer glass half full person Julian ! Glad no other damage and injuries. You can now get the car painted at the same time as fitting the bumper 😂

• Haha 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, Bling said:

You can now get the car painted at the same time as fitting the bumper 😂

Absolutely - now both myself and the weather are drying out  - ourdoor -garage beckons .....  😉

Cheers Dude - I'm good thx, , hopefully see you at next month's run .... :hope:

• Gold FFM
On 12/03/2022 at 13:24, LOTUSMAN33 said:

I think I still have one but it may need work and from a 1981 model so for the clubman lights.

Thanks @LOTUSMAN33 - I think you may be right, so I'll pass on this one - but thanks for the offer.

Looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and get one from SJ - and pray that I can find bracketry/bolts/nuts etc. and get it to fit.

I have managed to rescue the side light/indicator pods so that's just lenses to get ..... only £32 + VAT for the set !!

I have none of these skills yet -  but it has been part of my journey ....   onwards and upwards ..  😀

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

You’ll be fine as the bumper comes with brackets fitted, they are simple enough to fit as well. 😉

Good luck 👍🏻

Dave :) 

Thanks  Dave,

That's good to know - but I see from my wrecked bumper and comparing against parts list,  that it is not the original that would have been factory supplied - as there are unsecured rivnut type things that have clearly failed and pulled free .... and only two (not five) mounting  points. Therefore I'm expecting to learn quite a bit about fibreglass bodywork in the next few weeks ...... 👍

• Like 1