free hit
counters
Boot carpet lining S1 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Boot carpet lining S1

When I collected my car a couple of days ago the dealership were showing my car to some potential Exige buyers 

they were shown the boot and I was embarrassed that my boot was shambles ! The AA men who have ripped the carpet over the last 4 years to access the battery and the boot leaks 

I was wondering if anyone has obtained a carpet piece and used their old one as template to create a new lining ?

I guess it’s important to get a carpet type that’s not to thick bulky so I envisage getting a 2m square off cut ? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can't help with sourcing similar carpeting. But, you can add a newer version battery cover so its mounted externally and no need to yank out the carpet to get to the battery.

I did this on my 2011. I found a used carpet from a part out company. I then cut the carpet to fit the battery compartment opening and used a "glue on" binding to seal the edge. However, I did have to add a small plastic tab to the new cover so I could still use the original cover mounting locations with no modifications to the body (tab is basically hidden unless you look for it- note I took photo at angle to show tab). A few cut down bolts used as studs and thumb screw nuts and it was done.

It makes servicing the battery very easy and less destructive. It has also helped with carpet droop where the carpet would slide down off the velcro and create a gap at the top of the boot (it drove my OCD crazy).

battery.jpg

cover.jpg

carpet done.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@2011 Chrome Orange - That's a really nice job.... The plastic battery cover was split on my car so I've just glued it back together and will use that studs and thumb screw nuts approach - looks really tidy.  Where di you get the net from and what did you attach it to on the right hand side?  I fancy doing the same...

My carpet along the top above the battery is all loose too so I guess I'll use some double-sided tape to re-fix it all...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2011 Chrome Orange said:

Would this work? I THINK its for the front of the boot.

I have this on my watch list it’s been on sale for months might make an offer but I think it be rejected ? 
I think I need to make my own and fraction of cost I suspect ? 

66437_1601656818_Service_Parts_List_Evor

Carpet for the boot firewall is £81.50 + VAT from Lotus. (Part #1). 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Doesn't look like it, they're £44.39 + VAT on a separate diagram. 

66437_1601656818_Service_Parts_List_Evor

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

@Markindevon the boot net was standard on the Launch Edition. See the details here at DeRoure.com. I believe the jacknuts are a push fit into holes drilled in the boot-engine bay bulkhead.

https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/deroure?qs=1&preview=1&make=1&model=20&groupid=12649

image.thumb.png.0a1b593e728944a55dd2f7f96b1fbecb.png

image.thumb.png.29aa4f57a9f390ee4bddcd4e64d05f2f.png

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

• Gold FFM

@Cdm2018 looking on the DeRoure website, the UK prices (excl. VAT)  for the boot carpets look a lot less frightening that the prices quoted in the US.

https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/deroure?qs=1&preview=1&make=1&model=20&groupid=12650

Boot carpet.JPG

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

15 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

looking on the DeRoure website, the UK prices (excl. VAT)  for the boot carpets look a lot less frightening that the prices quoted in the

I might still look at any cheaper options via DIY route 

to be fair it’s only the front portion that’s taken a good hiding but it’s still £70-90 

• Gold FFM

@Cdm2018 bear in mind that I think the outboard ends of the boot front carpet are moulded to go over part of the rear wheel arches, so it's not a flat piece of carpet. On my LE there is webbing at the top to go under the boot seal too. I think later versions had pop fasteners, but am willing to be corrected.

20220319_154050.jpg