free hit
counters
talk me out of a used Maclaren 570 (or even an Alpine 110) - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

talk me out of a used Maclaren 570 (or even an Alpine 110)

Beady

• Gold FFM

Makes a lot of sense to me...

Here is a Nimbus/Tan 😊 looking one for only several thousands more than an Emira:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202207017350686

Still British, good looking, head turning road presence and a LOT faster.

I;d never get a Macca myself (as spent a lot of my life in Woking and they are no longer special) but I can see Emira owners moving in that direction down the line as it is the next logical sports car step.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 6 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I get the impression with McLaren (as opposed to the pushchair manufacturer maclaren) there is a badge of honour if you get through ownership without significant a 5 figure bill.  Unfortunately you have to have sold to get the badge.  I would worry if always looking over my shoulder for an expensive flatbed

Warranty is great, covers all expensive bills, so if you do decent miles, advisable. 

Early cars had some issues, not surprising. 650 is the sweet spot for the Super Series, 720 amazing but definitely need McLaren warranty as some have water pipe issues - or buy with that work done. 

Sport Series have less stories of issues.

Incredible cars, the best car I've ever driven. Evora not far off and as it's near impossible to use 616bhp often in UK, it's Evora I'll keep forever.

Justin

• Like 2

Stunning. My car is McLaren Orange, I believe yours is Ventura Orange?

You managed to bag one with the B&O audio. Couldn’t find one in the colour/model I wanted at the time so I have bog standard audio. 

Don’t remember where you’re based but would be good to meet up some time. 👍

• Like 1

Yes Ventura and B&O audio they say it sounds fantastic, not sure how much I will be listening to it especially with the roof folded away lol but nice to have I suppose. Based in Nottinghamshire what about you Nathan where are you based?

Did not realise the difference in the two colours where that big, both still look great. C&M is great meeting point for me, let me know next time you are going 👍

• Like 1

Being delivered on the 1st Wednesday Nathan. Looking forward to it now just a few more sleeps lol.

• Like 1