free hit
counters
Esprit Insurance - Lotus Insurance - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Insurance

Djs44

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Peter James Insurance for the +2 and off road for my S2 Esprit 

Tony

I've used Footman James since at least 1991 for my Esprit, and currently have a joint policy for my Esprit & Excel, 10,000 miles shared between them including commuting for both for < £300. The Esprit on it's own would be a lot less.

I also use Footman James for JPS#40. They will cover the appraised value of the car rather than just its purchase price. Reasonable terms depending on annual mileage.

1 hour ago, Rudi K said:

I also use Footman James for JPS#40. They will cover the appraised value of the car rather than just its purchase price. Reasonable terms depending on annual mileage.

What do you mean by appraised value? Is that 'market value' at time of loss or an agreed value in advance of anything unfortunate happening.

If the former then you really MUST (ok, Should) get it on an agreed value basis.

Purchase price is irrelevant and always has been.

• Gold FFM

I use Footman James. 84 TE. Agreed value £40K. Premium under £300. 10,000 miles p.a.

Plus £75 for European Breakdown. Best £75 I spend each year! (Peace of mind while I am in France!)

30 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

What do you mean by appraised value? Is that 'market value' at time of loss or an agreed value in advance of anything unfortunate happening.

Club Lotus would do a valuation for insurance agreed value and this is accepted by FJ. I have done this in the past but never needed to claim. CL need  some pics and a form filled in, plus a payment (can't remember how much - may also need to be a club member?) They send the value back to you so you can send it on.

This may have changed in recent years, but I would expect they still do this.

You need to be a car club member to get the best rates with FJ, I seem to remember this coming up before, and your TLF member number will count for this (but it might be for FFM and above, not just basic membership) - @Bibs still valid??

You can get your number by hovering over your profile image or clicking it. The number is in the URL

I use Adrian flux with a classic multi policy so insure both my S1’s and wife’s MGTF for around £380, this is limited to 3000 miles on each car. I am in a lower risk area (Devon).

Do or do not, there is no try! 

On 23/03/2022 at 10:53, Bazza 907 said:

If the former then you really MUST (ok, Should) get it on an agreed value basis.

Purchase price is irrelevant and always has been.

Footman James typically require an appraisal in order to agree a value when taking out the policy. You can't just pull a number out of a hat!

I did. In fact I picked 3 numbers out of the hat. £12k, £14k and £32k for M100, M100 and the Evora. Sent off photos and got GV at those figures for all 3. No appraisal or anything