free hit
counters
Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will be joining you all - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will be joining you all

DrBru

So ive basically been looking for a new car for the last 2 years but only got serious after we bought our new house last summer and established what my exact budget was.

I originally considered a GTR, C7 RS6, 911 turbo s, Merc E63 AMG S Wagon and of course an Exige 410/430

With the used car market as it is im not sure I can wait any longer, firstly because im getting a little tired of waiting for the right car and secondly because prices are still crazy and could well still rise for second hand cars

Roll on mid life crisis and a decision has been made...Ive bought a brand new Yamaha R7 bike which hopefully won't kill me when I get my license in the next few weeks. This should hopefully give me my adrenaline fix but ive also decided on a C7 RS6. Both of those will cost at least 15k cheaper than the equivalent 410/430 that I was after. 

Didn't quite end up where I wanted to be but im still happy and it is what it is....No doubt one day I will be back lurking around

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's a pity, though as my mates all used to say, "Don't fall off."

Not sure where you live, but you would not be able to have a new R7 as your first bike here in Australia.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I’m in the uk and all the research I’ve done suggest it’s v good started bike believe it or not. 

as far as the question around insurance I can’t get anyone to insure me until I have my license so the dealer is kindly holding it for me until I pass!

I think you'll be fine...great characterful engine in those despite its humble origins.

A 1999 OW-02 R7 might have been more of an insurance challenge however... 😅

Best of luck with the licence!!

My ambulance paramedic friends tells me that in his profession they maintain there are only two types of biker. (1) Those that have fallen off, and (2) Those that are going to fall off.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Posting on a Lotus forum that you have chosen a motorbike over a Lotus, I would expect a few adverse or cautionary replies. 

Personally, I'd have bought an almost certainly depreciation free 6 year old Exige V6 if I were the OP, available with 12 months warranty from Lotus main dealers. 

Bonkers to buy a bike, far too risky but obviously I wish the OP all the best; and hope he sees sense quickly. 😃

As for the Audi - yuck,yuck,yuck. 

Justin 

5 hours ago, Arun_D said:

A very helpful and confidence inspiring post for the OP as a budding new biker to read 🤔

The OP won’t want to know what A&E staff call bikers then… 😬

• Like 1

Blimey  guys lol! Anyways, im a 42 year old bloke who works for the NHS so ive heard all of the stories so i know what im getting myself into. I have a family so won't be popping wheelies or anything stupid like that asks for trouble... The fact that I have a family is the reason for the RS6 and im not sure how that can be described as yuck yuck yuck. What would you suggest as a better family car that can do it all?

I did look at older Exige 350 but again I see them as very expensive in this market and cant necessarily justify that and I bike....and a family car

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Almost anything but Audi. Awful steering, poor ride quality unless you fork out for the air suspension, over-priced for a VW clone and most Audi I see on the roads don't have indicators fitted. 

I'd buy a Focus ST estate but perhaps too small for your needs. 

Stay safe, that is all that matters.

Justin 

Ive currently got an F10 m5 which i will be selling soon....Fast but haven't really enjoyed the experience overall if im honest..Prior to the M5 I had a B7 RS4 avant...Prob the best car ive owned by some margin on so many fronts

• 4 weeks later...

So ive now had just over 1 week with the RS6 and absolutely love it...

Strange enough, on my way back from where I bought the car, whilst filling up with petrol i was approached by someone with a 430 cup who is also active on here. Lets put it this way, he was very interested in my car and I was very interested in his car so essentially some decent mutual respect going on for two very different cars but equally effective in what they intend to respectively do

• 2 months later...

That’s a great choice of direction - RS6 and R7. Well done that man! Ignore all the negative comments - I don’t get people and I don’t like them or their views so I say each to their own.

You can’t beat the feeling of riding a bike; I don’t care what car it is, it will not come close to the sensation of riding a bike. Just have to be very mindful of other [email protected] on the road and their unpredictability. But enjoy your choices, I think they’re bloody perfect!