free hit
counters
When I said I was giving up Lotus work this year... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

When I said I was giving up Lotus work this year...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Need to add  a few more Lotus variants (- non Esprits) to the workshop collection.

I'm amazed you could ever fit in working for Lotus given all the cars you've got to look after....

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Resistance is futile...

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I have to admire Sparky carrying out all this on the drive, I have to admit my commitment to working on my car's is not what it used to be even in my garage.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I guess the Esprits keep him away from the temptations of the Bookie and the Boozer but also maintains a steady supply of Gin 😁

• Like 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

• Gold FFM

Awesome stuff.

I enjoyed working on my Esprit on the drive in the day. The amount of conversations I had with neighbours and passer-by's was numerous, although a neighbour did comment that he saw me under the car more than in it. :censored:

• Like 2

Signature not working...

Not so fussed about the cold but do like the ability to shut the roller door down and leave the tools out. Most of the cars I work on are 25yrs old or more, currently recommissioning a Vauxhall Nova 1.2 GL that has been in hibernation for 20 years, surprised at the number of people who have commented on passing when I have the door open that they learnt to drive in one.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Glad you enjoy working on your drive! I've always hated it, especially roadside. I don't care for passers by and assume most of their comments will be irrelevant if not annoying. So I'm very happy to be able to do my thing inside the Workshop where I can only be 'bothered' by those I chose to let in. 😉

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

8 minutes ago, Escape said:

Glad you enjoy working on your drive! I've always hated it, especially roadside.

I don't like working on the drive/roadside - I take the car to the dealer. (well not always..)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

What can I say?  I love people!  Well, the majority.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Don't miss the days of lying on the ice with a transmission on my chest, worming my way out from under a truck.

My first domestic slab of concrete was a blessing, even more so when I built a garage over it!

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

When I was young and daft, I used to drop a gearbox (normally Ford) onto my chest and leave it there whilst changing the clutch, then lift it back in.  I couldn't imagine doing that now!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2022 at 13:00, eclat22 said:

I have to admire Sparky carrying out all this on the drive, I have to admit my commitment to working on my car's is not what it used to be even in my garage.

I have never, ever worked on my car and happy to say I haven't even had to lift a finger to replace a battery. I don't work 6 days a week and 2 jobs so that I can then get my hands dirty! I work so I can pay a professional. Oh and yeah, Also, I don't clean it myself. I pay someone to come round and clean it. 

Happy to say its still wrapped up nice and warm. I even paid someone to grease the hubs and remove the wheels before storing it. I would hate to have to clean something when I decide its warm enough to drive.

Oh yeah. I also paid them to check my tyre pressures cause........... Meh.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)