free hit
counters
New 350 Sport Owner - A Few Questions - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New 350 Sport Owner - A Few Questions

JimmyB

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Exige V6 350 is one of the planet's greatest cars. I only had my LF1 for 8 months but I adored it. 3rd gear pull is just spectacular. 

Justin 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, R300XXX said:

The gravelly noise is standard, some are better than others. Not sure on the clutch rattle, I’m sure someone else will be along shortly to advise on this bit

Thanks, that’s 1 out of 2 at least! 😅

After being out today for a quick blast I wasn’t getting any rattle. I’m wondering if my senses were over heightened after 500 miles of driving the thing back after collection! 😆

• Haha 1

Gravelly noise perfectly normal at around 1.5K-3K revs, gets louder when the car is thoroughly heat soaked (e.g. at the end of a long journey!), usually loudest on very light throttle, usually dissappears completely on full throttle.

Gearbox can sometimes chatter a tiny bit on tickover when the car is hot.

Neither are anything to worry about but the gravelly noise can be a bit annoying when tootling around town at 30mph.

Love your car, great colour :wub:

Edited by duncx

Thanks, Dunc! I assume no damage is being done at lower rpm’s in the first few gears when hot? ie during any slower town driving. 

I have an owners thread linked below if anyone is interested. 

Hi James, don't worry, no damage is being done, it's a definite TADTS (well, most of them do it to some extent).

The reason for the noise, I'm not sure that anyone knows for certain? I believe that the basic issue is that the gearbox was designed specifically for a turbo diesel engine with a dual mass flywheel. For some reason running it with a solid flywheel makes it a bit noisy!

They are great cars and actually very reliable - enjoy :)

• Love 1