free hit
counters
Longest Non stop drive. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Longest Non stop drive.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Fuel stops apart, I've done plenty of long runs in Lotus. Channel tunnel also intervenes but I'm still in the car. 

I've certainly done 7 hours in the 340R but that will involve numerous juice refills. I find it a very comfortable companion. 

Personally, I'd rather be in a Lotus than a eurobox, however long the journey.

Justin 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've done two 1000km days in a row - Adelaide to Brisbane (Australia) in an Elise S2 (with A/C) over two long days...

OK - I had to stop for fuel - but that was all.

Edited by stevensr34
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paging @peteyg :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I used to drive my S2 Esprit from Worthing to Middlesbrough, with no stops.   Used to set off a 3am, a full tank of petrol, 325 miles, 4 hours on a good day (This was over 30 years ago....).     Still regularly drive my Turbo from Manchester to Middlesbrough area with no stops at a more leisurely pace.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

I've done plenty of long trips in my Esprit.

One that springs to mind was a solo run from Antwerp in Belgium to Dublin, back in 2018. I took a very scenic route including the EVO triangle and Snowdonia to get to the ferry in Holyhead. My girlfriend who was already in Dublin at the time had expected me to just hop on an airplane when she invited me over. 😄
Longest single stretch in that trip was Dover to Pontcysyllte, about 280 miles but took me around 6 hours due to traffic on the M25 and my preference for A and B roads instead of the motorway. I had already done 160 miles earlier that day, but had a break on the Calais-Dover ferry so it wasn't non-stop.

Filip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I did a near full day in the 340R. 5am start, Esher to Honiton, five National Trust house visits at various locations, then to the coast for fish n chips, back in Esher by 11pm. 

I had a passenger, who insisted on the detour for the battered cod....but she is called Lottie so perhaps born to appreciate the finest vehicles on the planet.

Justin 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did Parma in Italy to Laon in northern France (630 miles) in my Elise SC back in 2011. Left Parma at 9.30 in the morning and arrived in Laon at 7pm. Think we had 3 fuel/pee stops and ate on the fly. 
Great trip including, coincidentally, following 2 Lotus transporters (day after the Italian GP) through the Mont Blanc tunnel. Mucho honking of horns and waves from them as we passed and the car never missed a beat. 
Strangely enough, neither me nor the wife felt tired when we got out of the car in Laon that evening either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maidstone to Avignon quite a few times normally started 1am so kids slept for a lot of the journey.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/03/2022 at 23:37, Shortfork said:

Just wondering what's the longest Non stop drive in a lotus anyone has done. Given the seats and space.

Mine is now 5 hours. No problems at all.

8 bloody hours, 4 of those stuck in traffic on a sweltering day on the M25.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

A few years back we did the tourist spots of London then Brooklands in my old S3. Something like 1700 miles in 5 days which included home to Whiteleaf a distance of just over 500 miles each way without stops other than for fuel. Great couple of days and the only issue we had was the headlight switch deciding to play up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How embarrassing. I have been nowhere in any of my 5 Lotus's. Last year I managed 800 miles all year. My longest trip was down to head office in Buckinghamshire. Infact thats the longest I have ever been in any Lotus!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

21 hours ago, Kimbers said:

How embarrassing. I have been nowhere in any of my 5 Lotus's. Last year I managed 800 miles all year. My longest trip was down to head office in Buckinghamshire. Infact thats the longest I have ever been in any Lotus!

Good grief man, your father should disinherit you for such an admission! :shock: 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Spinney said:

Good grief man, your father should disinherit you for such an admission! :shock: 

I don't get invited to go anywhere and my Mrs isn't interested whatsoever. Neither are my kids. So I just end up going shopping or "for a drive" invariably. 

Would love to do some stuff with other cars. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

We're going to Scotland over Easter, probably in the Evora.  Theoretically there is a 6 hour segment in our plans which won't require a stop, but will see how it goes..  

The limiting factor will almost certainly be the passenger's rate of tea consumption.