free hit
counters
Paint code - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reason I ask is I ordered a touch up kit using the code on my manufacturer plate which was C94 but the colour match is nowhere near ,infact it looks pink at side of car. I contacted supplier and they said it will be B94. 

20220331_131602.jpg

https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/66721-paint-touch-up/

????

B106 is the same colour as C106 Saffron yellow, so no problem  Lotus assigned more than one code to the colour C206 is also the same colour. so three codes One colour'

apparently the c codes came in when water based paints did 

I had a similar issue that I ran into when I had my aftermarket parts painted.

My paint code is C25 (Chrome Orange) but the high end body shop I was using could only come up with B25 (a different variant than my Chrome Orange). The body shop kept telling me I must have the wrong code. I insisted it was correct. I even showed them the label with the code by the seat. Then, after two unsuccessful attempts at matching my OEM paint, I requested that the body shop contact the paint manufacturer who then sent out a rep to match it correctly (and use the correct code) 😃.

I asked Lotus for clarification on this issue and this is what I was sent:

"A new paint system, Cromax Pro, which is an activated water based coat, was introduced for specific paint colours in May 2010 as a running change and can be identified by the letter ‘C’ prefix on the paint code, whereas the previous standard Cromax paint was identified with a ‘B’ prefix.

The difference between the standard Cromax and the Cromax Pro is the finished appearance, i.e. the metallic effect of the Cromax Pro system is now applied to the base coat with a standard clear coat, whereas the previous Cromax system the finished effect was achieved through a tinted clear coat over a solid base coat.

The finished appearance for the same colour may vary between the two paint systems, therefore it is essential the correct paint system is used when carrying out paint repairs."

image.gif