free hit
counters
Help MJK with his Book! Pics, Stories, Dates, events!! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Help MJK with his Book! Pics, Stories, Dates, events!!

So much of the book is finished. However MJK's work Load was so massive when he returned to Lotus in 2006 much of what he did has slipped his and my mind. Worse still we remember things but don't have pictures.

We have very few pics of this time and even up to recent events where he has attended. So @Bibs and everyone who attended events and has seen MJK. Please can I ask below questions.

1. First Lotus Event MJK organised was for Clubs attending the Factory. I remember an LEF specific event and also a "Lotus Family" Clubs only event with us, SELCO, Club Lotus etc. I remember they had a full list of obsolete parts we ate up, mechandise etc. I need specifics, when were they, anyone remember? And any pics of either? ARG! Just remembered my pink shirt!

2. Brand Hatch Lotus Day. MJK gave out trophies and we attended with a superb line up. Was it 2006 or 2007? I only have one pic of the whole day!

3. First Open Day. Again I think we attended "En Masse". 2007 or 2008?

4. GIVE US YOUR PICS. Dad really wants to put some interesting pictures in the book and so, if you have pics of the events and even better of you with MJK or MJK with a car etc, then lets see them! I may ask you for emailed hi res copies so be aware of this please.

5. Any stories you can remember. Maybe MJK helped you, sorted something for you or you just have some nice things you remember. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as over the years and several moves/changed phones etc etc we have lost much of our stuff.

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Excellent pics thanks Leigh. Forgotten about Castle coomb in 2005 while he was doing some research on Lotus.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

40 years at Hethel, Sept 2008

IMG_5367.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 05/04/2022 at 19:21, Leigh Greenham said:

Here are two pics of MJK at the Club Lotus Castle Combe event in 2005 with me and wife Kaz sitting in my Essex Elite S2.2 (ACBC's Team Lotus car in 1980/81). My photos, so you can use them if you wish, or I can email hi-res versions.

Leigh

2005 Mike Kimberley at Castle Combe.JPG

2005 Mike Kimberley Castle Combe.JPG

@Leigh Greenham is that car a 502/3 or 4?

Anyone else got any? Many of these are going in the book so please do give us info and pics. Especially looking for pics of when MJK and I went to Brands hatch Lotus day (he gave prizes out and I was in a silver Europa).

Not got any you really want Tony, but I found 3 from MBW in 2016 when I spoke to your dad for a while about the M100.

This one with Cliff

spacer.png

And these two...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny