free hit
counters
Comms and Expectations - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Comms and Expectations

Woodman

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

A very interesting read. Thanks for a well written, thoughtful post.

I remember MJK saying once that GM money killed Lotus with kindness...... hopefully this is growing pains but your post highlights a worry. 

Your solution regarding a direct communication from the CEO is a wise thought. 

Justin 

24 minutes ago, Woodman said:

I am one of a few that I know who are going a little luke warm on their orders.

+1

give us something, photos, anything.

• Like 2

construction and property consultants : My company

• Gold FFM

As I said on your Facebook post, Lotus acknowledge the customer experience has been below par but have no interest in improving it.

I’ve made my views known on this, including direct to Matt.  It’s not going to change. 

I’ll enjoy the car and have a great (but now disillusioned) dealer … sorry agent.  Sad to see people cancelling deposits this week because they’re fed up with the broken promises. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Any updates @Woodman?

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Having had a chat to my local dealer, they do not know much about the final sales/delivery process. One of their issues is how to deal with any p/ex cars that perhaps do not agree to the condition/mileage etc. Apparently BCA are dealing with the p/ex valuations.

• Like 1

An email from Lotus dropped into my inbox literally as I was reading this thread. I was scheduled for a June delivery but...

"As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production system and scheduled to be completed in June 2022. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your new Emira will be ready for handover in July 2022. Ahead of this, we will be in contact to arrange the delivery and handover with you. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.
In the coming weeks we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in for your new Emira. Following that, a couple of weeks before handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process. We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car."

Not particularly bothered (or surprised) unless it's a slippery slope.

On 08/04/2022 at 22:25, TomE said:

As I said on your Facebook post, Lotus acknowledge the customer experience has been below par but have no interest in improving it.

I’ve made my views known on this, including direct to Matt.  It’s not going to change. 

A situation that's hard to come to terms with for long term customers of the "old Lotus" - although "customers" is a wholly inadequate term for their previous involvements with the cars, and with the people.  I can only guess at how UK management, staff and the "Agent" network feel.

Today, compounding and enlarging the situation, we have the announcement that:

".....ongoing transformation of the Lotus global retail network continues apace..." 

“……. roll-out of sculptural and artistic new retail environment continues……”

So "retail" is still the term!  Pretending nothing much has changed?! (Perhaps we still say "retail" because a word can mean whatever we want it to mean - get with the new scene!)

I'm seeing the priorities of Geely as clearly aiming to cultivate an unquestioning "worship of the brand", whatever the - tightly specified and enforced - nature of its interactions with its ......... What, "Customers"? "Followers"? "Users"? "Punters"? Believers?  I don't know. Perhaps Elon Musk could help.

Equally I suspect that Geely will apply those same principles regarding its Lotus products - "you take what you get - and you like it". I'm severely tempted to repeat a sentence from a published interview that quoted Matt W - but having said it's now behind me, I won't.

But I've decided not to "like it", so cancelled my order for a First Edition Emira.  Still hoping for a Basic model that I can like.

• Like 1

As my post above is still the most recent here, I'll add another comment. The words “...complete the checkout process...”  in the emails now being sent out by Lotus fit my view as expressed above just too well to ignore.

As MJON has said in the "Delayed delivery thread": "like something from Amazon".

• Like 2

On 13/04/2022 at 08:30, Bibs said:

Any updates @Woodman?

I had a call from someone who is Lotus through and through at the factory. Clearly lots of feedback has happened on comms and a new person has been employed and more will be coming soon, but I am not sure customer comms is near the top of the list for those in charge. Also sound like June is now July.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 13/04/2022 at 08:30, Bibs said:

Any updates @Woodman?

Had an email from Lotus today. Despite putting down a very early dealer deposit and checking as soon as the car was announced that the dealer deposits would be taken in strict time order, it appears that this wasnt done so my build was July and as per the emails coming out over the last few days, there is a further month delay, so I no believe I am now probably an August build (assuming they dont shut down ) and maybe that would mean a September delivery……… I hope they can build the car better than they are handling customers!

My dealer has been great but has lack of info from Lotus.    Asked me to come in last week and configure my FE order.  I asked him if they still have the color samples as I am having some trouble nailing down the color I want.  Sadly they have no paint samples or pictures of colors only online configurator. 

My wife pulled the plug said this car is not ready for prime time or our hard earned $$.  I let them keep my deposit maybe by the time Base V6 cars are ready to order we will have more meaningful information to make buying decisions.  Wife wants me to get a 992 911S Manual instead... hard for me to argue with that except finding one is impossible and I really wanted the Lotus.

Enough people back out maybe Lotus will share some photos of cars with FE colors

22 minutes ago, CORKDSP said:

I asked him if they still have the color samples

I thought all dealers had to have the 6 dish sized samples, I know Hendy has.

But that is not be enough to give you true feel of the car in a finished colour.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, CORKDSP said:

My dealer has been great but has lack of info from Lotus. My wife pulled the plug said this car is not ready for prime time or our hard earned $$. Wants me to get a 992 911S Manual instead... hard for me to argue with that except finding one is impossible and I really wanted the Lotus.

Have to agree, don’t think Hethel is in tune with customers or their dealers at this point, which is a shame as I’m sure the car will be great but I would really like to feel there is a proactive dealer engagement. A little concerned as to how any faults are handled between dealer and Lotus? Re 992S in manual, pretty rare. Had a early 991S with seven speed manual, worst gear shift ever experienced, although do believe they have improved it? It’s a great car but considerably more $$ than the Emira.

• Gold FFM

Frustrating as this all is for all of us, as mentioned on another thread, I am confident Lotus are doing every single thing that they can do to get the cars out to us. They won't want a delay as much as we do. 

For us, it is a passion to own the car. For them, it does have to be business first.

I agree Lotus 2.0 is shaping up to be a much different beast than before.  This may well have more negatives than positives from an ownership and relationship stand but we will get an excellent car. 

A reminder than Tom and I saw huge efforts and money being spent at the factory. No way my deposit is going anywhere though have moved the other deposit now anyway.

I understand it is tough to keep the faith. I still believe one cannot actually lose out and not getting an Emira will leave many people with regret.

• Like 2

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

Unfortunately long term loyalty to Lotus was just not demonstrated through the sale of new cars. I get the need for change and I’m sure they will sell all their models well. I really want to feel a quality customer support, not sure that has ever been a Lotus “Hethel” strong point?

• Gold FFM

I posted on the Facebook group to this effect...
As a long time Lotus owner (4th lotus, but 6 Hethel made cars) I am rolling with the "meh, it's Lotus" approach, but it really is piss poor quite frankly.

It HAS to change.

I placed a £2k deposit, like many others, on the morning after the global launch (preGoodwood) and yet I've had 2 emails and maybe 2 phone calls in that time. The silence is deafening!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

They are both points worth discussing.

Brand Image vs Profitability. This is always a balancing act.

Where @Del Lardo is likely correct is that Lotus has currently moved towards a primary goal of business longevity whilst leveraging the pre-existing brand and goodwill.

This means that, and where you are right, the brand image and personality has taken a bit of a hit in pursuit of sustainability.

All new to the brand owners like myself have an 'understanding' approach BUT we will all concede that we would have loved to have the old ways back, to an extent, and certainly an improvement in comms and support, which, of course, lends a better personal touch and connection to the public.

However, it is now how it is. This the way forward for them. With the move to EV, the direct approach makes most sense to me, the brand has already changed. That ship has sailed. If they can now spend some budget and resources on personal comms we will all be a lot happier. Lotus will be aware of this. How they achieve it is the tough part.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

@EvotionI fear the one legacy attribute that Lotus does carry over from the past will be poor execution around customer. I do though hope that I am wrong 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!