free hit
counters
Locking wheel nuts - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Locking wheel nuts

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They are wheel BOLTS, you know... 🙄

McGuard locking nuts & bolts seem to be most popular worldwide. Their site has good info about the differing specifications of wheel fasteners. I'd have a picture of a Lotus bolt handy if you inquire to them.

https://mcgard.com/automotive/wheel-locks/bolt-style/

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

If your wheels take the same nuts as those found on S2 esprit’s (& S2 elites, then this set available from Halfords for around £25 should work. Not a great snap but there is an S2 nut in there and if you look hard enough, you can make out the matching cone seats. Forgive me for scrubbing out the key serial number, it’s not that I don’t trust you lovely people. Hope that helps. 

MCguard 24195 SU

557B3D77-6D52-4D6D-BACC-8139D184A07B.jpeg

21 hours ago, pete said:

I find them a bloody nuisance. Stick with what you have

Agreed. They aren't going to prevent someone from stealing your wheels if they're so inclined.  If your car is somewhere that someone could jack the car up to steal your wheels, it will take them an extra couple minutes per wheel if there are locks on them.

Not to mention, 80s Esprit wheels don't have a super standard bolt pattern, so the wheels (especially if you have the stock 15 inch wheels), don't have much value outside of Esprit owners (bolt pattern matches the late 90s BMW 5 series, but the center bore will be too small).

• Like 2

1997 Jeep XJ | 1983 Lotus Turbo Esprit

On 11/04/2022 at 19:01, pete said:

I find them a bloody nuisance. Stick with what you have

Mate, you're right👍 never considered getting any for the Esprit before, reckon  I'm getting less trusting in my old age 👀, they are not like ones on the S2, and have given up online searches, SJ do the correct set for about 30 squids but only in chrome, I need gloss black to go with existing wheel nut covers, all bloody hassle!! 

I have a "LOCKING WHEEL BOLT SET for BBS WHEELS" somewhere, bought from SJS in 2014, £24.90 + VAT - part no SJ082G0002- never bothered putting them on.

SJ082G0002.jpg?mod=86

They are £19.90 + VAT right now - that's inflation for you.