free hit
counters
Delayed delivery - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Delayed delivery

Abgreenbank

I agree… when I see smoke and mirrors obsfucation, it just makes me think “what else are you hiding”

Any good relationship is built on open and honest communication.

I fear lotus just view this as transactional, not as an ongoing relationship… which again makes me worry.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Mctaff said:

I fear lotus just view this as transactional, not as an ongoing relationship… which again makes me worry.

You see that in the way they're majoring on the "direct retail channel" without considering end customers or dealers (sorry agents) and the parts they play in the ownership experience.

And most of the senior people describe the cars as "product" now  :wallbash:

• Like 1

I was supposed to be in July, not had an email yet but I have preemptively emailed to ask if there is a knock on delay can I voluntarily delay until September. Partially for the new plate, but mostly because I’m not around for much of August. 

On 14/04/2022 at 09:17, Whitey said:

My deposit for V6 FE was 10th July and I had confirmation of August delivery. So far, I have not had any email to say that this is going to be delayed, so fingers crossed it stay as August.

Think yourself lucky My deposit was well before the launch in April and I am now August………..

• Gold FFM

More info has emerged during today.  I won't go into all the details, basically quality-related (Lotus want to get everything right) and that means they can't ramp up customer car production as fast as they had planned.  There are also some temporary component supply issues but seems to be ancillary items like the black tailpipe finishers (hence the yellow BBC Eletre reveal car having black pack but silver tips).

No customer deliveries now going to be in June.  People previously told June are in the process of being told they are either July or August.  Knock on impact likely to be +1-2 months for others previously told July to September.  Impact on other countries and later V6 FE deposits and i4 FE, Base V6/i4 not yet clear.  Impact on dealer demos, press drives of production cars etc not yet available.

• Sad 1

Oh dear, however I guess I shouldn't be surprised as a mate has just taken delivery of a new A6 Allroad after a 5 month or so order time and was surprised to find some of the toys like centre console phone charging pad was now no longer fitted (which they had wanted) and wasn't even mentioned at handover and then when they asked were told it was the chip shortage so we have fitted USB-C ports in the centre armrest for you instead.  

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Just been told my July delivery has been delayed .....

to July

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production schedule. 

Shortages across the automotive industry have led to some delays in production, but we are happy to inform you that your new Emira is now scheduled to be completed in July 2022. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

As your Emira nears end of production we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in, as well as arranging the delivery and handover with you. Following that, approximately two weeks prior to handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.

We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira, but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

I’m guessing they made a mistake on my email. I was originally July but the month doesn’t seem to have changed. 

I’ll be happy if it’s delayed to September, as it makes me feel better about being on my way to pick up a Civic Type R right now! 😂

45B04D61-3775-4F5D-B41F-968F3163DCE0.jpeg

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, PJS said:

Just been told my July delivery has been delayed .....

to July

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production schedule. 

Shortages across the automotive industry have led to some delays in production, but we are happy to inform you that your new Emira is now scheduled to be completed in July 2022. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

As your Emira nears end of production we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in, as well as arranging the delivery and handover with you. Following that, approximately two weeks prior to handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.

We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira, but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

In the emails to June folks, they gave completion as June and hence delivery in July - that was the one month delay.  I wonder if this July email is missing the part about delivery being in August?

• Gold FFM
On 13/04/2022 at 14:05, TomE said:

SVery frustrated about the delay without an explanation and continuing poor comms (photos of colours anyone?).

I guess I shouldn’t have relied on assurances I had from senior people. 

Agh, how frustrating is this Tom?

Yes, the SUV has become a focal point recently but there is no reason to fall behind on the Emira comms.

I'll give them a shout again.

On 13/04/2022 at 14:48, Beady said:

I was july so guessing that is now Aug.

Have you still not got any email?  

One would assume this pushes everyone back and the i4 customers are looking at winter which is madness.

On 13/04/2022 at 20:43, TomE said:

That was my hunch - some sort of delay to type approval.  If they'd said that in the email they'd have had some sympathy: "outside our control" and "doing all we can to address it" etc.

Yep. Tom I and were actually assured that Type Approval was the reason for initial push back so it still makes sense. Hopefully it is a small, simple thing that they need to sort out, not something fundamental that requires a re-jig as that means 2023.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
On 13/04/2022 at 21:31, tailslides said:

Glad I didn't sell anything in preparation for this, Late Out Turned Unsurprisingly Shambolic

Ha, I was the opposite. I should have bought the Exige Sport 410 I was looking at but didnt think it prudent for a couple of months. Now, I would have really enjoyed it. I did but the C63 so am having some fun.

On 14/04/2022 at 17:52, Mctaff said:

I’m fairly happy with a month delay,

Well, it's a 3 month total delay now.

As people had said, and indeed I believe I called it last year, a delay was almost certainly expected.

We can be assured that Lotus would wish to get the car out - ready - as fast as possible to start bringing the income in, etc, so we have to leave it in their hands.

For me, as mentioned, it is about missing a lot of great summer events that I was sooooo keen to attend in the Emira. I bought the supercar parking at Goodwood - might as well get that refunded. 😥

• Gold FFM
On 17/04/2022 at 14:21, Mctaff said:

I fear lotus just view this as transactional, not as an ongoing relationship

Unfortunately, you may be spot on there.

This is not what we were all hoping for and I know senior Lotus staff would not have wanted this to be the perception. 

There is still time to turn this all around and make it about the customer - they need some help and guidance perhaps. Perhaps one more full-time employee to focus on Emira customers.

They need some goodwill.

On 17/04/2022 at 19:50, Wake said:

Partially for the new plate, but mostly because I’m not around for much of August. 

Good point. 

Suddenly now the new plate comes into consideration, for some, and may people are just not around in August, almost a dead month.

14 hours ago, TomE said:

Impact on other countries and later V6 FE deposits and i4 FE, Base V6/i4 not yet clear.  Impact on dealer demos, press drives of production cars etc not yet available.

Well, until they hear personally they will have to assume that they need to add 1 or 2 months on to their previously expected delivery date.

1 hour ago, TomE said:

In the emails to June folks, they gave completion as June and hence delivery in July - that was the one month delay.  I wonder if this July email is missing the part about delivery being in August?

I think you’re right. I was previously told August and have just got an email to say that completion in August and apologies for the delay. So I’m assuming mine is now due to be completed in August and delivered in September. 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2022 at 16:57, Rambo said:

I don't know why anyone is surprised. I fully expected it. The only surprise for me is a 1 month delay. I expected 3 😯

As I mentioned earlier.... surprised its not a 3 month delay 🤥

If it were my order, I'd bail out now and buy one of the last Evora's made. Tried and tested and a brilliant car. Why the hell Lotus/Geely pulled the plug on one of the best British supercars I'll never know 

33 minutes ago, Evotion said:

For me, as mentioned, it is about missing a lot of great summer events that I was sooooo keen to attend in the Emira. I bought the supercar parking at Goodwood - might as well get that refunded. 😥

A Supercar is not the same as a car that is super 😇

23 minutes ago, Rambo said:

If it were my order, I'd bail out now and buy one of the last Evora's made. Tried and tested and a brilliant car. Why the hell Lotus/Geely pulled the plug on one of the best British supercars I'll never know 

Probably because it was a 12 year-old model, which next to no-one bought!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evotion said:

Have you still not got any email?  

Received email today - as per others it says my car is scheduled to be completed in July.

so no idea if this means delivery in July or august!!!

again like many I am away part of august      so unless it arrives in week 1 then a delay to sept makes sense.
However as I have become increasingly Luke warm in recent weeks I am also considering holding back for a March 23 delivery as it won’t get much use over winter anyway, and buy something else for this summer.

• Like 1

construction and property consultants : My company

my 50th is in august I hope it doesn't move again!

I'll be really pissed that I cancelled the cayman GTS - which I'd have got about now - if the Emira misses my birthday.

If it slips further, I might  buy something second hand for the summer, and get an own spec V6 next year instead. If they ever release the own spec cars!!

As above, my email said delivery due in August has been delayed to August 😂😂

Frankly I don’t really care when it comes, I’m not bothered about what plate it’s on or year- will have no impact on value short med term. However, the comms could be much better, but it causes me no stress at all. If the full reviews and demo drives pan it then I’ll pull out, but I doubt that will happen. In the meantime I’ll wait and I have my 10 year owned Evora to enjoy meantime.

Anticipation is everything 😂

• Like 2

I paid my first deposit at the end of July 2021 and have since paid the second deposit when submitting my specification a few months ago.. Has any of the earlier deposit payers been given a firm delivery date as I am yet to hear ?

• Gold FFM

Early deposit holders (UK deposits up to 12 July 2021) were told in Dec/Jan/Feb what their target delivery month was, from June to September. 

Lotus contacted people recently to say target delivery was delayed by one month (two months for some).

No one has a delivery week/day yet and won’t get that until 2-3 weeks before delivery. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 24/04/2022 at 14:20, TomE said:

Early deposit holders (UK deposits up to 12 July 2021) were told in Dec/Jan/Feb what their target delivery month was, from June to September. 

I haven't been... but then I am i4, so who knows... grab a 2023 calendar and throw a dart at it! :lol:

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel