free hit
counters
Delayed delivery - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Delayed delivery

28 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

I haven't been... but then I am i4, so who knows... grab a 2023 calendar and throw a dart at it! :lol:

i4 is still being quoted as "Available from Winter 22/23".......

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Paid my deposit on the 23rd July for a V6 and was advised today that Lotus are still not able to provide a build slot or delivery date but to expect delivery in 2023. Looks like I will be spending life with my F Type  a little longer.

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, JimH said:

i4 is still being quoted as "Available from Winter 22/23".......

That still sounds right from when we last spoke at Lotus HQ. Only a 1 month-ish delay.

Clearly depends on time of deposit. Some will move into January 2023.

15 hours ago, New Emira said:

Paid my deposit on the 23rd July for a V6 and was advised today that Lotus are still not able to provide a build slot or delivery date but to expect delivery in 2023. Looks like I will be spending life with my F Type  a little longer.

Wow. Just shows the demand post-Goodwood. 

Also, I suspect you also hit they start building the Rest of the World cars which would, of course, hit total production numbers, for the UK market, in any given month.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Personally delivery timing is not too bad, a friend has a Boxster on order, he may well have waited as long as me for delivery by the time it arrives, maybe longer as he hasn't a date yet and I have 🤔

Does anyone believe the recently advised delays will be the end of it?

The delays now seem to be due to supply issues so that if that is the case, the 1 month delay now notified sounds very optimistic - it could easily be 3+.

After lots of thought, I have decided  that I have already vested almost a year into this car so I am sticking with it and I  love  the dark verdant images in the last few days! 
I also don’t mind the further delays nor would I mind a few more months, if this guarantees the quality etc.

however my last email said July completion which I am guessing means august delivery. If this slips another 2 months or so then I would like to get something for the summer, perhaps a caterham or maybe S1 Elise. But if July means July then I can hold out.

all comes back to the poor comms I guess. 

construction and property consultants : My company

• Gold FFM

I agree that comms could be improved but as to the advised delays? Just need to look at other manufacturers quotes “one/two years” delivery on current production cars. So if they do meet as currently advised, well done Lotus! There may be some benefit in being a low volume producer as long as they have some Geely purchasing clout behind them? For me, not the time to rush out and buy anything used as the second hand prices are nuts.   

• Like 2

One thing worth thinking about. Other manufacturers have been experiencing long delays, but at least they have still been supplying some cars. Lotus hasn’t had any firm customer income from cars since the final few Elise/Exige/Evoras were finished towards the end of last year. Every month delay from now on must really hurt their business plan with wages etc. I know Geely has deep pockets, but this will be money they would rather not be spending. Having said all that, let’s also hope they don’t start customer deliveries until the product is 100% ready to roll.

Off topic slightly, but how many Evijas has Lotus got deposits on/moved?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Did not think that any had been delivered yet, but also read somewhere that the first years production was sold - deposits anyway???

Saw the photo on here of a yellow Evija at a dealers(?) with a purple(?) highlight.

I didn't mind how it looked at all. If they are getting them slowly out to dealers and it isn't the battle weary gold one that has been everywhere, I wonder how many they have in the works?

Sorry. Back to the Emira folks.

(And I'm a mod. I'll go and get cross with myself now. :veryangry: )

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Sounds like a good result @Frickin_idiot don’t want a Winter delivery myself, would be happy to put it back as long as they could commit to a suitable date. Although as my order is for i4FE I don’t think I’m going to need that option 🙄👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

currently sat on i4 with november build and december delivery; which is great, but my fear is that it will slip.  Car built in 2022 and registered in 2022 would be great, but I think if delivery starts to slip into 2023, then a March / 23 plate delivery makes a lot more sense.

So far Lotus seem remarkably resilient to parts availability issues, so hopefully schedule is firm

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

In April I was given a build month of October but checked today and it has now been pushed back to December with delivery in January.

• Gold FFM

I've still not heard from Lotus since April!!  Expecting my car this week 🤪

• Haha 1

Enquired after my i4 delivery, is now quoted as Feb 2023 (first i4 delivery campaign)

Not massively fussed as unlikely to put many miles on a new sportscar in january

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I imagine some people will wait until March for the reg.  I wouldn;t but some will.

Anyway, until we hear something utterly concrete, this is all still based on 'hope'.