free hit
counters
Your support is appreciated. - Lotus Factory '40 years of Production' Day - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Kimberley

Your support is appreciated.

Good Evening

Thank you everyone who has signed up to come to this event, Tony has told me how, once again, LEF are leading the clubs in attendance and support. I have today been involved in meetings about the event and would like to let you all know that I am 100% behind this event, to such an extent that we wish to attract more people. As such we are looking at decreasing the entry fee to

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thank You for your post Mike :cool:

Now it appears that lotus will hand me some pocket money for the day, very kind!

Keep us/Tony updated about any change in parking, but i fully understand the

logistics of getting so many cars on site and am fully prepared to bus it on the

day as planned if needed.

Paul

Wow! I think it's us who have to thank you for providing the focal point for a community of like minded people to come together and have a lot of fun. Really appreciate the gesture on price, I was happy to pay the original and felt it was good value, so to be given some back is a nice suprise.

Thank you.

Dear Mike,

thanks to you and Lotus hosting the day, it will be my first trip to the home of Lotus and I am very much looking forward to it.

kind regards

Alex

Mike

Thanks for the message and thanks for taking the time and making the effort to support the heritage of your company as well as its future.

Looking forward to a fantastic day back at Hethel again.

Cheers

Gordon & Fraser

Mike

I feel the parking (with LEF) has never been an issue as will have a car park full of Esprits at the Wensum anyway - enough to get my Esprit 'fix' for the day anyway. We are also aware of the volume of expected guests so everybody getting in/out without their cars is a task in itself so can appreciate the reasons why we will be bused in.

Hope to meet you again and looking forward to this special occasion.

Ian

Guys (and Girls) I understand that they reply from some of the other clubs has been....poor, lets say. If you are members of other sites and know other owners, please make sure they know about the day and that they would be crazy to miss it.

Mike/Tony

The response on LEC has been slow in taking off, but there are quite a few events arranged around the same time. I've posted the news on the price reduction and am pressing to get three M100's for a stand.

I appreciate you are trying to firm up on numbers, but LEC traditionally seems to take its time in getting organised.

Geoff

Mike , thanks for taking the time to post and the price reduction, totally understand that trying to park all the cars on the day could be a nightmare so as others have said happy to ride in by coach.

Dear dad (he he )

as im now shiny and driveable, my owner (yes the big git that like's to eat a lot) will be there with me.

I am making sure that i clean and polish him up the day before and have also got him to make a display stand to show me off to the public.

i promise to be a good car all weekend and promote the mark and this forum as best i can, if you want to you can take me for a spin as that would make my day.

the other plus point is that the 3rd most famous esprit will be there

ps: the big guy says he cant wait to meet you and the rest of the lotus team :cool:

Edited by bigsi

Guys (and Girls) I understand that they reply from some of the other clubs has been....poor, lets say. If you are members of other sites and know other owners, please make sure they know about the day and that they would be crazy to miss it.

Tony, I really don't want to be thick about this.

But please bear in mind that the first official information from Lotus about this event came in July.

So, at least for the non-British clubs, this is quite on short notice and it was / is quite difficult to implement the event in their calendar and to organize something. Even Andreas M

Mike/Tony

The response on LEC has been slow in taking off, but there are quite a few events arranged around the same time. I've posted the news on the price reduction and am pressing to get three M100's for a stand.

I appreciate you are trying to firm up on numbers, but LEC traditionally seems to take its time in getting organised.

Geoff

Geoff we got at least one car :cool:

Tony, I really don't want to be thick about this.

But please bear in mind that the first official information from Lotus about this event came in July.

So, at least for the non-British clubs, this is quite on short notice and it was / is quite difficult to implement the event in their calendar and to organize something. Even Andreas M

I'm surprised by the slow ticket sales, but glad the LEF has managed 1.5 people / day since we found out.

Re parking, the news is just a bonus, I think those of us that remember the length of the queue to get in last year will understand the Police / council's opinion.

If there are any posters available I'll try and arrange one to go up at work (only a few hundred in that building), maybe I can swing it with another building or two in our Norwich offices. I may just print a couple of the pdf documents off and se how they look. I may have to convince the powers that be that we run a raffle for win a ticket, or something like that to get the posters up.

Andy

You're correct, it was short notice.

However, You're also overlooking that the beginning of July was nearly 60 days ago and in that time we managed to get 100 people signed up for the event....just so far.

sure, but the other clubs already have events around that date. Also you would have to organize transportation / accommodation etc., etc....

Dear Mike

Thanks for info. !

Today I also recived a mail from Lotus !

I'm really looking forward to join the event !

Y.Hotta

I remember the Classic 50th meet 3 years ago, anyone else go ? Strangely for Norfolk it was raining cats and dogs that day :)

We all got to park on the lower hairpin part of the circuit on the runway - seems a shame the authorities have to put red tape up everywhere.

There were like 10,000 people there without any probs, thats the isuue with legeslation nowadays is they are always looking for a reaosn not to do things as opposed to solving a problem :vava:

Lack of interest is sad indeed, we are fortune to have the likes of Tony and Bibs to do a lot of running around for us (thanks guys for all your efforts) but that doens't mean other clubs can't do the same.

Still, we'll be there - thats the important thing ! :(

Edited by Jonathan

Is it the legislation that doesn't allow people to congregate or something?

or is it convoys of cars they are trying to stop?

I can't understand the Police/County Council trying to stop me from driving somewhere to park and walk round a factory/track/industrial site????

Tony,

I've sent an email out to the South West Club Lotus members and have also updated the website http://web.ukonline.co.uk/southwestclublotus/diary.html with a diary entry and a link to the Lotus Webstore where they can purchase the tickets.

Lotus cars has supported our Club Lotus region by sending down speakers to our meetings and I hope we can show our appreciation by purchasing some tickets in return.

Regards,

Peter.

Thanks Peter.

DBred, The police don't want the convoys and the Council don't want 10,000 cars on a single lane road, which is why the SHow ground whch is on the main Bypass.

Crazy I know, but did you attend the factory visit last year? 100 of us and we ended up queing for ages. Times that by 1000 and the last person won't get in before closing time!

As I say - on the 50th meet we all came in via another entrance onto the southern part of the track hairpin. There was no holdup on Wymondham Road at all, Potash lane wasn't used. Just wonder if that's been overlooked.

That roads been closed and dug up........thats why Potash lane only mate.

As I say - on the 50th meet we all came in via another entrance onto the southern part of the track hairpin. There was no holdup on Wymondham Road at all, Potash lane wasn't used. Just wonder if that's been overlooked.

Jono - I was there too and had the same 'straight through' experience onto the track for parking... but when others turned up at the Wymondham junction 1/2 hour later than me it took them a full hour to get from there to the parking, so traffic did back up badly.

Kimbers - one lesson to lean from the 50th if you get the same size of crowd: twice as many loos and tea vans please! ;)

This was my favourite photo of the 50th, shame about the guy in the background though...

post-216-1188253368.jpg

and yes, he was making appropriate 'brum brum' noises :wacko: