free hit
counters
S1 elite brakes/diff removal - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S1 elite brakes/diff removal

Hi all, im sorting the seized solid drum brakes on car. Ive had much difficulty as their seized up from a 10 year lay up. Anyway ive now got access holes in my car which are handy . Im guessing once the pins are removed from the handbrake levers itll drop when all the bolts are out .Everything is soaking in wd40 but i was expecting to see a hole in  the backplate to adjusts the shoes off but nothing !!!. Im fully expecting to remove the diff completely it would just be nice to know if this is usual ?? Seems crazy to have nothing there or am i missing something??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a small hole in the drum to get to the ratchet adjusters but it's not that easy.  Technically the shoes are self-adjusting as operation of the handbrake also clicks the adjuster forward if it needs it.

When you get all the bolts out the diff sometimes needs to drift forward as you lower it depending on the brake hoses/pipes fitted.  Great idea removing the diff to do the brakes and handbrake cable/linkage though - only way to do it thoroughly.

Pete