free hit
counters
Another Esprit GT3 back on the road soon... - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Another Esprit GT3 back on the road soon...

Sparky

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
17 hours ago, Sparky said:

whoops!  Someone mada a boo-boo. 

Is THAT why I can't view any of your WhatsApp images?  🤥

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, CarBuff said:

Is THAT why I can't view any of your WhatsApp images?  🤥

I've got the same problem. It happens frequently, usually I can see the images if I open them in a different tab, but not this time.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I've just moved all the attachments back to Amazon S3, they're rebuilding at the moment :thumbup:

image.png

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ahh. That'll explain the error message that I got that said the page does not exist.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I am the AntiSchrödinger.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

The box is open, all the images seem to be working ok now! 

How is Red, not seen or heard from him or Jono for years!! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

He's alive; that's all I can tell you!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Thanks!  The doc advises complete rest for the next several months, so cars are out, sorry.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, MrDangerUS said:

What "T" means on this strip?  Terminal?

Having twins

From my kit fitting instructions - "1. The original Esprit brake pipes must be flared DIN pattern to suit the connector and formed to fit so that there is no undue radial strain on the proportioning valve fittings."

Seems to me that whoever fitted it failed to read, or follow, the instructions!

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

I get a funny feeling they might have been there from long ago, but can't imagine why they would have been joined at that location.  Unless it had a DM unit replacement in the past, and someone cut the pipes to get it out?  And agreed, bad flares.

Those flares were my handy work from a previous attempt with another master cylinder, and part of the reason that bit was left for you Sparky 😁. I didn't want to invest in a better tool for one use.

Is there a brown wire going to that oil switch? There's a switch under the right hand side of the dash and one in the centre console that I haven't worked out the purpose of.

I think one goes to a radar jammer, but I don't know which position is on and which is off! 😆 

Look after yourself. Don't kill yourself so I get my car a week earlier.

Edited by Red

Is your seatbelt on? I want to try something

• Gold FFM

Aha!  The smoking gun.  🙂

The pressure switch has the wire I'd expect, and certainly shouldn't be linked to any dash switch.  Somebody's simply moved it away from the block for reasons I can't understand.  I'll take a look; maybe you have an ejector seat?

Afraid it's not in my nature to take it easy.  I'm just desperate to get it through a ticket.  If rain holds off, I'll bleed the fluid through this afternoon and run it around the block.  MoT currently booked for 1130 tomorrow.  Exciting!

• Haha 1