free hit
counters
wind type rattle drivers side - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

wind type rattle drivers side

• Gold FFM

difficult to describe but an annoying rippling windy type noise starts above 60 drivers side windscreen / a pillar  / roof line ???? somewhere !!! increases with speed stops below 60, apart from drive at 55 any suggestions ?? ta muchly

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had that on my evora S, but not noticed the same thing on my current evora. I put it down to the wing mirror. May be later cars are a different design??? May be totally wrong though....

• Like 1

Is the actual window moving and not correctly in full up position ? I get a window rattle when I put the window down and then put it up a short time later 

When I get to slow down or stop at traffic lights I put window down fully and up fully and seems to cure it until next time ? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

Is the actual window moving and not correctly in full up position

Certainly my window rattles in a similar way when partially open.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

I had that on my evora S, but not noticed the same thing on my current evora. I put it down to the wing mirror. May be later cars are a different design??? May be totally wrong though....

you may of cracked it !!! dont usually fold the mirrors in but do remember doing it a cpl weeks ago and so the prob has started since then, gently pushing the drivers side mirror creates alot of noise with nothing coming from the passenger side with the same movement so ive squirted some lube in between the bottom of the mirror housing and door bracket and noise stopped but will give it a test drive now 😁

19 minutes ago, windymiller said:

dont usually fold the mirrors

Did not notice I had folding mirrors on the S for sometime. The 430 folds automatically on locking the car, just makes an annoying noise each time. These days leave the car unlocked when in the garage.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

nope 😐 what was the noise like ?? i have a wrapped roof it sounds like the edges are lifting like a paper / plastic scrunching sound which increases with speed (roof is still black so its not the wrap lifting lol) 

• Gold FFM

Those trim nuts do come loose, I think you access under the door seal rubber.

I assume your window is sealing fully? Even 1mm drop will cause wind noise and they are prone to irregular operation.

Justin 

• Like 1

If I was a betting man, I'd wager, as has been said, that it's the double sided foam tape that secures the A-pillar trim to the windscreen starting to fail.   If you open the window a bit, does it stop?  Also, if you get to three figure speeds (on track ha! ha!) does it stop?  If so, you have your answer.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

cus its cyder tyme !!!

IMG_20220423_175906_698[1].jpg

6 minutes ago, Redwing said:

If I was a betting man, I'd wager, as has been said, that it's the double sided foam tape that secures the A-pillar trim to the windscreen starting to fail.   If you open the window a bit, does it stop?  Also, if you get to three figure speeds (on track ha! ha!) does it stop?  If so, you have your answer.

ta bud will re look sunday !!

• Gold FFM

but the drivers side edge next to the screen does seem to have much more plasy / rock left to right compared with the passenger side which seems solid, what is this tape you speaketh of ??

If you delve/trawl through previous posts on this issue, you'll find out that to which I refereth.  If you go on to MLOC's website, someone has put up a simple DIY fix for this.  If I wasn't such a tech luddite, I'd post the link, but I'm sure you'll find it easily. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

cant find the thread on mloc but reading ppl's posts it does sound like a crackling noise so pointing towardf a post seal but could do with some fix pics because nothing looks obviously wrong

Matey, enter 'Windscreen Seal' as a search on here.  About 10 results down you should see a post titled 'Exterior A Pillar'.  Click on this and then 12 results down you should find a post from @Phil S1, dated July 24 2018.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, windymiller said:

cant find the thread on mloc but reading ppl's posts it does sound like a crackling noise so pointing towardf a post seal but could do with some fix pics because nothing looks obviously wrong

Is it still there at 200km/h?

If not, just do that. 
Here to help. 

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

so i tried taping the a pillar to window screen gap up and no noise, peeled the tape off and ..... no noise ???? but then sussed the rubber seal under the trim (pictured) had been pushed right deep into the back of the a pillar and had virtually no adhesion, would that cause a noise ? so ive fixed it using hippo 3 clear (ct1 equivillant) and will see if it works but certainly would of been a water ingress point me thinks

IMG_20220426_150517_775[1].jpg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

so this is now fixed, seemingly the rubber being pushed right into the door gap allowed a wind noise to manifest itself now i just have the slight rattle on the exhaust to fix and jobs a good un !! 🤣

• Like 1