free hit
counters
Black rear wheel arch protectors - shark fins, any recommended suppliers - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Black rear wheel arch protectors - shark fins, any recommended suppliers

A couple of years ago I fitted these fins which were smooth vinyl and very thin. They were supplied by Elise Parts as genuine Lotus parts, which I am sure they are, but they havent been very durable. I am really after thicker PPF, maybe textured, and I see that Aliath sells them on line - has anybody fitted these - whats the quality like? Or are there any other options around?

The ones on the car currently started flaking off when I put a hose on it (not jet wash) plus have a couple of scags where stones have caught it.

Thanks for any info.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

+1 to this, and also Aliath - I used their headlamp protectors which are excellent.

Having said that I got mine here - as it specifically states that they go on top of the PPF which is what I wanted....

https://www.elise-shop.com/sharkfin-decals-evora-evora-4x0-evora-gt-p-503580.html

There's a thread here too :

I fitted these about 4 years ago now actually I tell a lie I didn’t fit them the company that did my wrap added it when the car was with them 

anyway it stayed on and I had no issues with these and I don’t think these were too expensive from eBay 

I bought some textured vinyl and made my own whilst in lockdown and still have sufficient left to cut out another set should you be interested. They're a good thickness so very durable but on the downside you do need to be careful not to get any wax residue into the textured surface which is more textured than OE.

More details on my MLOC post...

https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/68309-vinyl-shark-fins-on-a-budget/

• Gold FFM

not wishing to detract from the thread but my ppf had been removed on one side by previous woner due to stone chips etc (rear quarter) but then had the black pack added so sills are black, the original and replacement ppf part is £80 for a pair and its the sill and rear quarter, if i want to just do the rear quarter any ideas ? or would it be best to got to someone that does ppf ? ta and again sorry dont mean to detract from thread 😚

I have had a few hours of fun removing the almost 30 year old ppf from the M100 and cutting and putting on my own. Bought a roll off ebay to have a go with.  Might get carried away and put some on other parts and on the MGs

• Like 1

Did not really read the instructions that came with the roll, tried fitting dry - not too successful (that's the way for experienced folks. after re-reading the info.) . So tried it wet with a bit of washing up liquid, seems to be much better. Pic of 1 side that I did yesterday. Took a pattern off the old ones before removing from the car so I can duplicate them to allow for many attempts.

Just see a line at the top of the ppf..

image.thumb.jpeg.1afa80ef639f4fabb737146e9f61fd5e.jpeg

• Like 1