free hit
counters
Goodwood Supercar Sunday 2022 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Goodwood Supercar Sunday 2022

obi-nu

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Didn’t make it there this time, despite only living 20 minutes away. I must make more effort…🙄

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

13 hours ago, eeyoreish said:

Didn’t make it there this time, despite only living 20 minutes away. I must make more effort…🙄

It's all advance tickets now for the public and many people were commenting it was the busiest it's ever been (it was packed, partly thanks to a 2 year Covid induced hiatus no doubt). Obviously display cars have to be pre-registered and entered for the event which then get selected (or not) by the Goodwood team as you may or may not know...👍

• Gold FFM

Advance ticket but available on the day. And free. 

Car access is by pre-registration but it can be fairly relaxed.

The advanced ticket situation is probably H&S requirement now the events are so popular.

It was a fabulous morning out, Speedtail a real treat to see. And hundreds of Lotus.

IMG20220501091115.thumb.jpg.54809296e16d5dc9fcc6c889c0dda723.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jep said:

Advance ticket but available on the day. And free. 

Car access is by pre-registration but it can be fairly relaxed.

The advanced ticket situation is probably H&S requirement now the events are so popular.

It was a fabulous morning out, Speedtail a real treat to see. And hundreds of Lotus.

IMG20220501091115.thumb.jpg.54809296e16d5dc9fcc6c889c0dda723.jpg

I forgot to mention the tickets are free but were all gone days in advance unless they released some more last minute (there were no more tickets available two days prior for public entry when I checked).

As for how relaxed they are, I couldn't say, but judging from the caliber of cars there, the standard seemed high.

Yes hundreds of Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Aston Martin's, Porsche's, Lotus and other modern supercars which all start to look the same to me, but not many classic supercars.

Obviously each to there own and it does seem to be more geared towards modern cars these days...

• Gold FFM

We got a ticket the Saturday night before at around 8pm. 

Plenty of 80s supercars. 959. 308. 928. Testarossa. Esprit S1 (70s)! XK120 x 4 (50s). It is a Supercar Sunday meet with no age limit so it is bound to be full of moderns. 

I liked the mix.

Justin 

11 minutes ago, jep said:

We got a ticket the Saturday night before at around 8pm. 

Plenty of 80s supercars. 959. 308. 928. Testarossa. Esprit S1 (70s)! XK120 x 4 (50s). It is a Supercar Sunday meet with no age limit so it is bound to be full of moderns. 

I liked the mix.

Justin 

Interesting to know, so they did obviously release some more last minute.

Plenty is all relative, the modern stuff far outweighed the number of 80s and back cars but I agree, the mix is a good thing.

• Like 1

Supercar Sunday is always the busiest Breakfast Club and there's always a lot of modern stuff there. I've shown my Esprit a few times.

Classic Car Sunday is best for older stuff and is generally quieter as it cuts out all the newer cars. They're doing British cars at the next one so that will cut out a lot of the more exotic stuff and it'll be interesting to see what the mix is at that.

Edited by eeyoreish

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

54 minutes ago, eeyoreish said:

Supercar Sunday is always the busiest Breakfast Club and there's always a lot of modern stuff there. I've shown my Esprit a few times.

Classic Car Sunday is best for older stuff and is generally quieter as it cuts out all the newer cars. They're doing British cars at the next one so that will cut out a lot of the more exotic stuff and it'll be interesting to see what the mix is at that.

Yes, completely agree it's always the busiest and that Classic Car Sunday is generally better for the older stuff but that's for any type of classic. However Esprits quite rightly fit in the supercar league and clearly hold their own.

I'm curious to see what the mix will be at the Rule Britannia Sunday too.👍