free hit
counters
Headlamp Continuously Going Up and Down - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Headlamp Continuously Going Up and Down

Ok so a bit of progress. In the picture above the white module on the right is the radiator Fan Fail Module, the orange relay is the Radiator Fan Relay.

As Paul says above the silver relay is the Headlamp Flasher Relay. I removed this and activated the headlamp flasher and the pod raised but did not go back down. Replacing the Relay, the pod retracted. Previously the right pod would go up and down continuously, even with the engine turned off, until isolating the battery broke the circuit. This, currently ;) , has stopped. I think taking the relay out and replacing it has improved the electrical contact.

The black plastic relay to the left is the Headlamp Relay.

I also managed to find the cause of an intermittent problem of the cigar lighter, radiator fan manual operation and some dash lights being caused by a poor contact between fuse and holder.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just seen I didn't post what the solution to this problem was, not electrical at all.

On top of the electric headlamp motor, in direct line with the center line of the spindle, is a small screw and lock-nut. It was just a case of tightening the screw so that it gave a bit of resistance to the spindle so that its didn't spin too fast, past the 'stay down' part of the contacts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gray14 said:

Just seen I didn't post what the solution to this problem was, not electrical at all.

On top of the electric headlamp motor, in direct line with the center line of the spindle, is a small screw and lock-nut. It was just a case of tightening the screw so that it gave a bit of resistance to the spindle so that its didn't spin too fast, past the 'stay down' part of the contacts.

TR7 motors then, they need loading to give the relays time to operate else they go right past the stop. I upgraded my vacuum lights to electric, buying the TR7 setup, but eventually ditched those and went with MR2 motors because of this sensitivity.

• Like 1