free hit
counters
Another converted lurker - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Another converted lurker

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Elise S1 probably the greatest Lotus road car ever..... perhaps tied with Exige V6. So you have that covered 😃

Hopefully you solved your London ULEZ issue with the S1, it complies but TFL website is wrong.

Justin

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jep said:

Elise S1 probably the greatest Lotus road car ever..... perhaps tied with Exige V6. So you have that covered 😃

Hopefully you solved your London ULEZ issue with the S1, it complies but TFL website is wrong.

Justin

I’ve not yet looked into that as I’m just outside the ULEZ net and have no intention of going into it. But I do hear it’s expanding…good to know that it’s compliant - I had no idea! Thanks for the tip off.

It’s a standard (ish) 118hp K series, so hopefully will be ok.

I’ve only had the car 3 months and absolutely love it. Engine is fantastic, a real event to drive. Aim to take care of it for a long time to come.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

118bhp S1 is so pure, so thrilling. 720kg but a chassis so strong and nimble. Heaven. 

I haven't been without some form of S1 since 1998. 

You'll need a Certificate of Conformity (not certificate of provenance) to show TFL that their database is wrong. I'm trying to correct this via Lotus Cars but it's painfully slow. Cert of Conformity is ordered via a Lotus dealer/agent if you don't have yours with your car's paperwork. 

Justin 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, NotSoQuick said:

Put off’ by all the bad press. But better late than never.

Sad to say, this is a common truth. I've brought three pals to Lotus in the last 2 years (four if my brother is included who's just bought an Elise S1, though he didn't consult me). They all adore their cars which appear to a revelation to them having been fogged by untruths in the motoring press.

Justin 

Welcome to TLF! Please feel free to pop up some pics if you wish :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

2 minutes ago, jep said:

Sad to say, this is a common truth. I've brought three pals to Lotus in the last 2 years (four if my brother is included who's just bought an Elise S1, though he didn't consult me). They all adore their cars which appear to a revelation to them having been fogged by untruths in the motoring press.

Justin 

I always loved the idea of a Lotus. The Esprit and the M100 Elan being cars I dreamt of driving/owning when growing up. The M100 Elan in particular I thought - and still think - is a beautiful looking car. 

I never sat in any Lotus until 2016 as I’ve a complete aversion to mechanical issues and breaking down! Suffice to say I was kicking myself after driving an Elise and Exige at B&C and now after having 3 over the past 6 years.

Like you, I’m telling everyone I know how fantastic they are and they should avoid wasting their money on anything else!

I still like to think I’ll get an M100 Elan (in either yellow, green or red) and get to drive an Esprit one day.

just need more space on the drive!

8 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Welcome to TLF! Please feel free to pop up some pics if you wish :D

Will do. Thanks.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I know the whereabouts of a very clean red M100 with 9,000 miles.

Esprit is where I started with Lotus. Fabulous machines, though I've not owned one since 2006. Prices consistently on the up.

Excel is the bargain Lotus, crazy cheap still. 

Justin 

If the Emira gets delayed any further then I might get in touch about an M100 :)

An Excel sounds interesting. I recall chatting to someone who put a V8 in one (unless my memory is going)…

• Gold FFM

V8 somewhat defeats the purpose of Excel 🙂...... I'd have loved to have seen a factory turbo Excel. Never on the cards, Esprit had to be the fastest. 

LotusBits do fuel injection and various upgrades to get 250bhp+. That all costs more than the cars are worth though.

Justin 

No black pack. Silver wheels, sports suspension, black alcantara with red stiching. Went with Dunlop wheels as I want to use all year round - this last choice may have been a mistake though as a mate had dunlops on his 718 Spyder and hated them with a passion. Hopefully these will be different.

Very difficult choices to make though. Yellow with black pack was calling to me a lot. My family wanted the blue…dark verdant was also up there but I felt it would be too dark and I would have loved a tan interior but I think it looks too light for my preferences.

The dark gray and lighter silver colours were out as much as they’re lovely, I just didn’t want silver or black(ish) for a change. The silvery colour does look amazing though!

Nice spec! It's hard making those decisions isn't it?! I've fancied an Emira but couldn't for the life of me work out the best way of speccing it :D 

What made you choose the sports suspension setup? Have you driven an Evora? The word was that touring was similar to S1 setup, and sports more like a 400. But not sure if that's accurate or not. 

• Like 1

Welcome to TLF Mike. :welcome:

Isn't it great that a little 4 cylinder car can mix it with much higher horsepower cars that owners have paid much more for? 😃

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Welcome and congratulations on a great car collection.

My first Lotus was an M100 Elan and I can vouch for how capable they are, and how much fun.  I wish I'd never sold it - went for about £6k and these days would be more like £10-12k to get similar.

It seems like you have had a similar thought process to me.  I bought an S1 Exige last summer as a keeper, as I wait for my V6 Emira (Hethel Yellow) to arrive in July (or whenever).  In the meantime I've had an Evora S for the last 11 years and before that an Elise.

Your 4th pic with your Elise parked next to the McLaren is in my back garden - Denbies.  About 5 mins walk from my place and where we had our wedding reception.

We have a regular Sunday morning breakfast meeting at Newlands Corner near Guildford (and B&C) if you fancy a drive out.  It's third Sunday of every month and info gets published in the Events calendar and regional forum:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/437-topics/

52 minutes ago, TomE said:

Welcome and congratulations on a great car collection.

My first Lotus was an M100 Elan and I can vouch for how capable they are, and how much fun.  I wish I'd never sold it - went for about £6k and these days would be more like £10-12k to get similar.

It seems like you have had a similar thought process to me.  I bought an S1 Exige last summer as a keeper, as I wait for my V6 Emira (Hethel Yellow) to arrive in July (or whenever).  In the meantime I've had an Evora S for the last 11 years and before that an Elise.

Your 4th pic with your Elise parked next to the McLaren is in my back garden - Denbies.  About 5 mins walk from my place and where we had our wedding reception.

We have a regular Sunday morning breakfast meeting at Newlands Corner near Guildford (and B&C) if you fancy a drive out.  It's third Sunday of every month and info gets published in the Events calendar and regional forum:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/437-topics/

Cheers Tom.  You’re right, it is Denbies. Lovely place. We meet there irregularly very early some weekends. Everyone is either a current or former Lotus owner.

Will try to get down to Newlands again for a chat.

Even at £12k an M100 Lotus seems like good value to me. But won’t be allowed another just yet!! :(