free hit
counters
S2 in Australia - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

S2 in Australia

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

That looks real nice! I'm sure with a little tlc (or a lot) you'll be able to enjoy the next drives a lot more.

Filip

Edited to add: welcome to the forum! 🙂

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Hello and welcome to you @Spoon!

Nice car and nice road too, which is a good combo! I hope you don't have too much work to do on it, after all a blown coolant pipe is nothing and a flywheel is not too hard to replace either (I don't know if they are still available though?)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to TLF and to the very small group of Esprit owners in Australia @Spoon :welcome: 

I don't know what the numbers would be, but I doubt it would be very many.

Any issues or questions with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• 3 weeks later...

The interior is cream leather/vinyl. Also a little shabby, there are a couple of spots where it's torn at the seams. But it's all useable until i get the time to fix it properly. 

Also, on the gear/flywheel issue. Managed to fix it without having to remove the flywheel. The non-standard starter pinion was not meshing in far enough so it basically ground off half the gear. I had the mounting plate trimmed by 3mm, and now it meshes perfectly (with what gear is remaining on the flywheel). I'll replace the gear wheel when the engine comes out next. 

• Like 1