free hit
counters
Ferodo 2500 part number - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ferodo 2500 part number

A question that has probably been asked before, but I would like to know the Ferodo DS2500 part number for my pads A132J0001S.  I have an Evora N/A 2010

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'd wait a couple of weeks before buying any pads, I may have the deal of the century available to members 👍

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks, it sounds good, but I can not wait weeks, my one pad is destroyed by a rock and I have to drive as soon as possible. But that does not mean that I can not take advantage of your possible offer when it comes. But now I have to find new brake pads quickly. - If you know Ferodo's article number on DS2500 that fits my Evora 2010 N/A, I would appreciate that information🙂

Try here :

https://www.ferodoracing.com/ecat

Under "Car Racing",  "Lotus", "Evora" then "Search"  there are 8 different options shown for a 2010 NA Evora but there's nothing for Evora under High Performance....

I think the Ferodo part number is FRP3083H front and FRP3115H rear - at least that's what I bought and fitted.

• Like 2

On the subject of brakes, my 400s brakes are excellent in the dry and the pads are barely worn, but after say driving for 5 minutes or more on a wet motorway the first press of the pedal gives very little in the way of bite.  It’s as though they are very susceptible to dampness.  I’ve no reason to think that they are not the standard pads.

Does anyone experience this?  Is it normal? 

• 1 month later...

Imminent @Troy5925, it'll be along the lines of 'buy a set of pads, get a free set of brand new calipers' or similar. Will chase this week.

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had the front wheel clicking noise with a vengeance last week after some long drives.  Was quite concerned as still had a long journey ahead and found a couple of mechanics who very helpfully looked at it for me. 

They diagnosed the problem to the front brake pad springs - seems that they lost tension.  They removed them, bent them a bit - replaced and hey presto the noise was gone for a few days - but it’s now back again. 

Does anyone know if I can buy the springs on their own, or with say new pins?  If so any idea on part numbers.  Perhaps the springs have genuinely lost tension which is why it was a temporary fix.

Interestingly, another chap that I spoke to suggested taking the springs out and binning them.  I guess that means the pads will rattle but has anyone else done this?

ps: I’ve also read about the wheel and disc face and so next chance I get will clean these up.