free hit
counters
Evora launch edition door open pull (interior) - alloy or plastic? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora launch edition door open pull (interior) - alloy or plastic?

Go to solution Solved by JAWS,

When did the door opening pull change from an all alloy item to plastic with a 'chrome' finish? My 2010 (Model Year 2011 so not a Launch Edition) has the latter, a LE I saw this week has all alloy. I had not realised the earlier cars had a different item. Is it a model year change or Launch Edition cars only or ?:

1373679318_LunarDoorhandlealloy.thumb.jpg.2e014cdbc4533857d39d8bb3b57a93de.jpg1395684809_Eagledoorhandleplastic.thumb.jpg.db2117892c2ed6721cca86d7f17ee1c9.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Solution

They changed around April 2010. The forged metal ones were hugely expensive, labour intensive to make and care for. However they are so so much nicer than the plastic chrome ones.

My car had the last pair fitted 😊

At a similar time they removed the Evora badge from the dash on Premium Pack cars. Plus the headlamps went from shiny black plastic inside to a satin/Matt finish.

On another note - if anyone mentions that the handles are Honda Civic ones, then please punch yourself in the face. I've even seen it written in Absolute Lotus magazine 🤦

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great info, thanks. If you find a set in alloy, let me know.

My model year 2011 has Evora badge on dash. I think it's a Honda part.....😃

Justin

16 hours ago, EvoraBob said:

I like the chrome ones but advised they break easy Vs alloy ones.

Could get them wrapped in chrome silver?

Out of curiosity, these plastic chrome ones are old to the touch and feel more hefty than regular door handles… what is this material? Is it really plastic?

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Basically penny pinching by Lotus.

On 07/05/2022 at 06:59, JAWS said:

The forged metal ones were hugely expensive, labour intensive to make and care for.

“Penny pinching” or pragmatism?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, r3nault said:

Out of curiosity, these plastic chrome ones are old to the touch and feel more hefty than regular door handles… what is this material? Is it really plastic?

Lol @LotusLeftLotusRight.

This is meant to say “cold” to touch!