free hit
counters
Hazards flasher relay - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hazards flasher relay

Is the flasher relay for the hazard lights / turn signals four-pin or five-pin?

My 83 turbo came with a 4-pin relay (URO 14551) stuck in the space (upper right, left of steering wheel).  I notice it has five slots and looks like 5 pins in the wiring diagram.  I ordered a new five-pin relay (HELLA TB64) from a reputable supplier and the new one arrived with four pins (and still doesn't work).

Screen shot 2022-05-07 at 7.53.53 PM.png

Edited by SilverEsprit

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jenna had a US 83, there's some flasher discussion in here.  You might enjoy the whole thread-

https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/penelope-pitstop-resurrection.335777/post-4512994

Her 83 had 5,my 85 had 4 pin relays.  Having gone to LED's, I'm now using a reversed three pin electronic flasher.

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out it's four-pin.  

I had confused the flash relay (which is located up front next to the headlamps) with the hazard relay (which is a flash relay)...a semantic confusion.  

I was able to confirm for myself with a very bright flashlight shone into the relay outlet, which revealed a brass connector in all but the center slot, meaning only the four outside slots made a connection and the center slot is there for no reason. SJ and JAE confirmed as well.