free hit
counters
Emerald ECU and verniers for 340R - 340r - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emerald ECU and verniers for 340R

jep

I'm thinking of having these fitted to my R. I spoke to Dave Andrews of DVA Power, who seems to be a recognised expert on set up. 

He can't fit the verniers as he has no facilities to take the body off. Dave is an engine guy not a workshop for servicing cars. 

Has anyone done this to VHPD engine and who did you use? Hangar111 perhaps? 

Justin

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Justin,

Funny coincidence!  I am looking to do exactly the same and spoke to Dave yesterday.  

He has a superb reputation and i would like to work with him.  But I understand that he is booked up for a few months and (as you say) doesn’t have the facilities to take the clam off, so would ideally need the car taken to him with clam removed to do the work.  I got a quote to transport the car to him but it’s about £250 each way from Bell & Colvill.

would be good to speak as I think we are in the same boat!

Edited by GoldenGun
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

We've got one in bits at the moment, but it has been rebuilt as standard (not verniers and ECU). But we've done that job to plenty of other Lotus 

Dave (of H111)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@GoldenGun sorry for the late reply. 

No more thoughts, it's a bit more complicated than I hoped as only Emerald appear to be able to map the ECU. They don't fit them.....so I need to see how to get the car running with gear fitted and drive to Emerald.

Unless you have found a solution?

I may get verniers fitted and then look at ECU later. I'm due cambelt this year.

Justin 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2022 at 06:42, jep said:

@GoldenGun sorry for the late reply. 

No more thoughts, it's a bit more complicated than I hoped as only Emerald appear to be able to map the ECU. They don't fit them.....so I need to see how to get the car running with gear fitted and drive to Emerald.

Unless you have found a solution?

I may get verniers fitted and then look at ECU later. I'm due cambelt this year.

Justin 

Think I may do the same.  Have the car booked in for a full service and want to get cam timing checked at the same time. 

• Like 1