free hit
counters
DRLs Live Feed - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

I know a few people have fitted Drls to the early s1 Evora, could anyone tell me where exactly they picked up the live feed supply which comes on with the ignition. Thanks in advance. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

On my 2011 S, I used a fuse tap to the cabin power socket which I believe is slot C37 (10A).

I used a fuse tap as I did not have to cut any wires and the cabin power socket circuit because if the fuse blows it won't effect anything important. I also used a screw from the front relay box mount as a ground point.

(Note the + power wire in the photo is labeled "high beam" as I did not have another heat shrink labeled "DRL". )

IMG_5828.JPG

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks for the replies, yes I'm aware of the standard drl function ,I'm wanting to fit some aftermarket ones in the front outer air vents similar to these pictures, independent of the  side/headlight.

Thanks

Screenshot_20220513-110942_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm in the US so we have the DRL contained within the headlight activated from the factory. However, I added an aftermarket bumper that came with DRLs. So, I did not want the headlight area illuminated at the same time.

There are several owners here that utilize the factory DRLs as well as bumper mounted (aftermarket) DRLs at the same time.

DRL.jpg

Mine came as a complete kit including the power control module.

Those photos you posted are from Lckitty's car. He bought them in 2013 off ebay..

"ordered some 9 LED ones for mine today. I found these type (see photo) that matched the look I wanted and are 12 inches long (minor trimming to ends of lens will be needed). All the others seem to only be 6 inches long and I wanted more. These have a slight arc to them too so should fit in there nicely. Only $15 but apparently they are not fully waterproof as advertised so I'll have to do some minor sealing prior to install. I have some extra Flexseal so I'll mask the lens and spray them good."

If you want a more quality light, I think TBD_Evora used these in his S: https://autohost.lv/en/product/nolden/led_drl/premium_line/led_drl_premium_line_slim_500_chrome/

• Like 1