free hit
counters
UK Lotus Driving Academy - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

UK Lotus Driving Academy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Probably would be able to drive one on the course sooner than getting a drive at a dealer?

• Like 1

Don't forget to rock up in your branded LDA swag :D

https://shop.thelotusforums.com/collections/lotus-driving-academy

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Looks like the first two packages offered are roughly equivalent to the scare your self sensible experience and bronze level Lotus Licence offered by the previous incarnation of the LDA. The tailor made advanced seems to include mainly elements from the old silver level Lotus Licence, but assume elements of the gold level can be included. 

I did my bronze last year, so am tempted to book the half day "taste of Lotus" just to have a blat in an Emira for now then maybe do the tailored made advanced session next year 😁

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

I wanted to do the Bronze but couldn’t afford that until next year !

looks like I have missed that now ?

seems the half day is affordable but the other is going to outside of my price range gutted !😞

• Gold FFM

I had a booking for the bronze (£400) in the summer of 2020 that got cancelled due to covid. I had to rebook for July 2021 and the price had gone up by £100 to £500! Looks like the introduction to sports cars day is another £220 on top of what I paid.

Based on my experience of the bronze Lotus Licence I'd say save up for the intro course Clive - it will definitely be worth it, especially driving in an Emira.

For me the next level experience day is out of my budget at nearly £1000, but I do have my Elise to track this year (bought as a result of doing bronze day! It's all Martin Donnelly's fault 😄).

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

21 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

Based on my experience of the bronze Lotus Licence I'd say save up for the intro course Clive - it will definitely be worth it, especially driving in an Emira.

I accept that be sensible choice but given the way the cost of living is going to get in the 12 months I am not sure I find an extra £500 floating about 🤔

I don’t intend to track my car so was just wanting to hone my driving skills so I can gain some confidence and for once get a real sense of speed without the guilt of breaking the speed limit ! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just signed up for a full day on Sat July 2nd!  Can't wait!

I did the full Lotus licence a few years ago (and thought it was amazing!) but I've not done any track days for a couple years now so thought it would be good to refresh my skills a do a full day.  Hopefully set up me up well for some more trackdays later this year!  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, electro_boy said:

Just signed up for a full day on Sat July 2nd!  Can't wait!

And get to be one of the first non press types to drive an Emira...