free hit
counters
Test Drives - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Test Drives

Emiralust

Hi Everyone,

I thought perhaps this could have it's own topic for everyone to share their own experiences and photographs. 

Customer services latest update on test drives:

"The latest information we have received advised test drives will be available at Lotus Centres coinciding with first deliveries and that all customers will have an opportunity to test drive prior to committing. We have been chasing for further updates as we approach July and have been informed all customers will be contacted within the next week."

Looking forward to hearing about your test drives!

Edited by Emiralust
Adjusted after seeing Tom had posted on another forum about it
  • Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Still an element of "coming soon" about how they're going to run it and when.  It's been an unresolved issue since December, when early depositers were told about test drives when making second deposits.

The delays have impacted on timing and sequence, so there will no longer be a gap between dealer demos arriving and first customer deliveries.  Hence I'd been told special arrangements were being made for people in the July delivery batch.  But still no details on that on Monday when I asked again.  

It's good there's an undertaking to let everyone have a test drive before having to commit, but still not clear how that works for July people and whether it means delaying your delivery.

More info due next week.

• Like 1

Has there been any comms around i4 test drives? Presume not but would the end of the year be realistic?

Future wish list - Exige V6

• Gold FFM

I've heard nothing but if we stick with the 3 to 4 months behind theory then October/November is a possibility.

I'd like to think that they will beat this so that people can get their hands on them quicker. We will see.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
28 minutes ago, Denno said:

Has there been any comms around i4 test drives? Presume not but would the end of the year be realistic?

Following my last message from Lotus (below) my first deposit was second week July and they have not asked for further since. So personally can’t see there being any demo i4 this side of Christmas?

Your Emira is scheduled to be completed in 2023, we hope to be able to confirm an estimated month early 2023. 

I had 2023 quoted to me for i4 demonstrators

This also slightly dampened my expectations for a december 22 delivery of i4FE

Edited by simonb

• Gold FFM

Press drives for i4 should be in September and first customer deliveries are November, so I'm guessing dealer demos in Oct/Nov.

13 minutes ago, TomE said:

Press drives for i4 should be in September and first customer deliveries are November, so I'm guessing dealer demos in Oct/Nov.

That sounds a bit more encouraging on timescales, but do wonder if it may slip before we get to that time. Type 132's are expected to get to a showroom at the end of the year, with customers getting their hands on it in Q1 2023, looks to make it a busy time for Lotus retailers.

• Gold FFM
On 11/06/2022 at 16:28, TomE said:

November for first customer deliveries sounds ambitious! But time will tell 👍

• Gold FFM

Maybe.  A lot can happen between now and November but that's what Lotus have been telling i4 FE people with early (pre-reveal) deposits over the last few weeks.

The dilemma I have of not being able to test drive an i4 until November is I have a test drive booked with a different marque in a couple of weeks but not keen to place an order until I test drive the Emira which I’ve had a deposit down on since 12th July. Unless I put a deposit down on the other car regardless and pull one of the deposits once I have tried the both and made a decision. 

Future wish list - Exige V6

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, TomE said:

Maybe.  A lot can happen between now and November but that's what Lotus have been telling i4 FE people with early (pre-reveal) deposits over the last few weeks.

They've been communicating?  Shush your mouth ;) 

Not heard a thing here, and I reckon I'm reasonably near the top of the list for i4s.

Silverstone told me late July for demo cars today.

Looks like I might be delaying so I can get behind the wheel first. Frustrating!!

I will... just wanted a go first, so I could be much more excited for the month wait!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2022 at 16:28, TomE said:

catchpole should like it, if he liked this

Welcome and congratulations 👍

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2022 at 21:14, Mctaff said:

Silverstone told me late July for demo cars today.

Does anyone know if this is still the plan/target, or has this gone back. Having looked at other threads it may be a bit longer.

• Gold FFM

I live in hope but have a suspicion it will be August, given the external issues.

• Gold FFM

Customer Care told me August for dealer demo cars when I spoke to them earlier this week.  Couldn’t say when in August, but people on factory tours this week have seen cars in production and been told they are dealer demos, including several LHD ones.

LOG41 in Sept in the US is publicising they will have Matt Windle and a fleet of Emiras available to drive.  I suspect those will go on to be the US dealer demo cars.

• Gold FFM

I imagine a 1000 people will get to drive the Emira before us...  marvellous. 😊