free hit
counters
Sports exhaust on 2010 Evora NA - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sports exhaust on 2010 Evora NA

Hi all,

Brought a Janspeed Sports exhaust for my 2010 NA Evora…

(went to airfield handling day with std exhaust and sound checker said ‘ok, try it again with the engine on’!) 

It’s got the exhaust valve on it for bypassing through the silencer.

Plan to use Open for now, but wondered what’s the best way to control the valve actuator? 

Is there a vacuum ‘signal’ that I can split and use to control it, or is a keyfob remote control the best/easiest option?

Thanks 😊 

13CE99DF-F19A-4758-90CD-36CC7DF26425.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should work when you use the sport button if the exhaust valve is piped up from the valve that operates the the air filter housing flap.

Edited by EvoraBob
added extra

FYI, OP, but the ‘Lotus Sports exhaust’ doesn’t have a valve/actuator. 

You must have the valved exhaust from the S onwards. 

For the supercharged cars, the vacuum feed for the actuator comes from the supercharger. This is then feed to a reservoir and then controlled by the ECU (on OEM installations) or via a remote key fob or even mechanical (fishtank) valve (for aftermarket installations). However, unfortunately, I don’t know where the NA motor would get its vacuum feed from. 

• Gold FFM

I can't help you specifically, but the vacuum feed does not come from the supercharger as my NA (and any 2012 on I believe) has the valved exhaust.

I suspect a little bit of shopping of newer model NA parts will solve your issue.

Well worth it, the standard exhaust is near silent from my experience.

• Gold FFM

You need an accumulator for the valve to not open and close randomly with throttle openings - not direct connection to the inlet plenum (or SC).

This is built-in to the airbox, so as per EvoraBob, if you tee off the vacuum feed to the airbox flap, it should work.

Dave

14 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

FYI, OP, but the ‘Lotus Sports exhaust’ doesn’t have a valve/actuator. 

You must have the valved exhaust from the S onwards. 

For the supercharged cars, the vacuum feed for the actuator comes from the supercharger. This is then feed to a reservoir and then controlled by the ECU (on OEM installations) or via a remote key fob or even mechanical (fishtank) valve (for aftermarket installations). However, unfortunately, I don’t know where the NA motor would get its vacuum feed from. 

On the NA the std air filter box valve gets its air from the small fitting after the throttle flap on the inlet manifold bank. If you have a exhaust with a actuator fitted it can piped up with T pipe fitting to the airbox 2nd flap pipe work.