free hit
counters
Brightly coloured Exiges - good choice or a bit too much? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Brightly coloured Exiges - good choice or a bit too much?

I'm looking at a wide range of colours and fancy a brighter colour as the car is fairly 'out there' anyway in terms of styling. But, I had a Megane R26 in Silver which was a fun thing to thrash about in but then had one in liquid yellow and I feltif it was a bit too shouty and in your face when I was driving it around. The silver car seemed to slip up the radar better...

For those of you with brightly coloured Exiges, do you feel the same? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

IMG-20220609-WA0007.thumb.jpeg.31f7bf6ccb1d358b0683d61b6a18c139.jpegNo actually waited for a chrome orange one to come up waited 18 months. It's the sort of car you can go as shouty as you like.

In my opinion obviously I've a C Class mercedes and silver it is a suits it well 

_CM18599v1.jpg.217f799a3ca0e81c10bf08df103a15e7.jpg

They're an 'in your face' car and do suit in your face colours. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I didn’t know R26s could be silver? In Australia, we only got black and yellow. Bright colours suit Elise / Exige well, just to be seen in traffic. I wouldn’t be too worried about the wrong type of attention, people who don’t know cars from toasters will react (or not) the same regardless of colour, and those who know what it is will know it’s a “driver” not a “poser” - no one in their right mind would buy an Exige just to park in town to look cool…

In these parts, every car is a sea of white/black/silver/grey so any sort of colour breaks up the monotony!

Brighter the better I reckon. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I prefer the more subtle colours, white or black Exige. 

The 340R is 'out there' but Lotus chose grey/black as the only colourway. They were right. There are a few colour change 340R, I've never seen one that betters the original. Red is acceptable but orange, green, yellow - no thanks.

Justin 

• Gold FFM

I was actually looking for a Black or Metallic Grey car when I bought my 410. If I was specifying it from new, that's probably what I would have got. But used 410's were getting snapped up within days at the time and choice was limited.

Mine came up, the saleswoman sent me some phone pictures, and I put a deposit down having never seen the car.

When I went to collect it I couldn't stop smiling. Bright colours do suit a car of this nature in my opinion, and nearly everyone who's seen the car has made an unprompted comment on the colour and how good it looks.

Unusually, I think the Exige is one of those rare cars which looks good in both subtle AND bold colours. It looks special enough that bright colours just compliment the car, rather than look a bit 'try hard'.

• Like 1

I feel the car is so little, stylised and different from the norm that it can pull off any colour, I would think people notice the “crazy little car” as much as any bright colour it might be painted.

I didn’t want a shouty colour personally but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate them.

• Gold FFM

Last weekend at LitP it was great seeing all those colored Lotus, some very bright, instead of the usual 50 shades of grey on the road.

Go with whatever you like best, the Exige will wear it proudly and stand out no matter what. 😉

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I say: the brighter, the better.  They'll actually SEE you in their blind spots (which is especially an issue with SUV's and 4x4's and in general: they move over more quickly for something shiny than something dark on the freeway.  My previous Lotus was bright yellow, this one is white; I get noticed a LOT less... 

I’ve had two liquid yellow Megane’s (275 and 300 trophy) and a racing blue Clio cup before these so I’ve had shouty coloured cars probably spanning my forties and early fifties. I loved every minute with them - driving and looking at them. The colour made the cars come alive even when stationary and for a time I was thinking that I would only ever buy yellow cars.  I’ve now got a black Evora 400 which I just love the look of.  

The point I am trying to make is that if you get the right car you’ll love it whatever the colour - and so you should go with what you feel most comfortable with. 

• Like 1