free hit
counters
Exige 2016 CR Battery/Battery Conditioner - Advice Please!! - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 2016 CR Battery/Battery Conditioner - Advice Please!!

Mornings all, my Exige 2016 CR came with the Optimate LFP 4S 5A LiFePO Battery Conditioner (leads wired in), however, the inline fuse had been removed.  The fitted battery was slightly blown and looked to be the factory fitted Platinum Battery.  So potentially the previous owner has swapped out the fitted battery back for the original (?)

The battery has been replaced with a Yuasa MD 12V 50AH 530CCA (111) battery. CA/CA battery?

Is the supplied conditioner ok with this new battery? or do I need a new conditioner? If so which is the right one from the Optimate range?

Apologies - for the Newbie type question - I am one!!

Many thanks!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You definitely need a different charger/conditioner. If you only want to maintain charge during longer periods of standstill, around 1 A is sufficient. If you think you might forget to charge sometime and stand there with a flat battery, you need 5-6 A. I do definitely recommend to use a more advanced charger, such as their gold series.

• 2 weeks later...