free hit
counters
Hot, hot, hot... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hot, hot, hot...

Bibs

There's a national emergency, we've got the first ever 'Red' hot weather warning, COBRA have had several meetings and experts have said 'thousands may die' even amongst the fit and healthy. 

We're not very good at the hot or the cold in this country are we! 

I wonder what being in a national emergency will involve? Will the Army be drafted in with parasols and bottles of water?

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't mind the new system of weather warnings but the constant drip of patronising advise from weather forecasters etc.......(EG. 'If it is safe to do so, open a window in your bedroom tonight') is ill-conceived and, in the long term, leads to the population not thinking for itself.

More importantly, on a car forum, I would suggest putting on car covers if your wagon is outside. I am certainly pleased to have my Covercraft sunshade for the Evora. 

Justin

• Like 1

Is it humid as well over there at the moment?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

55% here, not really. It's heat coming up from over Africa I think so will be dry during the hottest spells too. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

According to the forecast for the Highlands it's going to be 23c on Monday and 27c on Tuesday, a far cry from the 40c predicted for London and the south.

I'd be concerned about wildfires with it being so hot and dry, people forget how easy they start. 

• Like 1

Signature not working...

5 hours ago, Mysterae said:

I'd be concerned about wildfires with it being so hot and dry, people forget how easy they start. 

CA208839-8463-45C4-8E18-CEBC0ACD1193.jpeg

This was from last Monday on Salisbury plain. I don’t know if it was started intentionally or accidentally. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

This was from last Monday on Salisbury plain. I don’t know if it was started intentionally or accidentally. 

The fires began on Monday partly due to live firing exercises, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said and its helicopter was deployed earlier to further dampen down any hot spots and review the area

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
22 hours ago, Rambo said:

Agree with you Jep. We've become a nation of wimps led by a bunch of patronising tossers ! We must be the laughing stock of Europe and the rest of the world 🤔

It's not just the UK, over here and the rest of (western) EU it's just as bad if not worse. 😞

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
23 hours ago, Rambo said:

Agree with you Jep. We've become a nation of wimps led by a bunch of patronising tossers ! We must be the laughing stock of Europe and the rest of the world 🤔

You really think we're any worse than anywhere else? France, Spain, Italy, Australia all have Governments (and police) that are far more controlling than here in the UK 

From your posts you really seem to hate this country. Have you thought about moving somewhere where you will be happier? Just a thought.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Its hot, yes, but only for a couple of days. I'm not sure I see how it warrants a national emergency or (more annoyingly) news headlines that 'thousands could die'. By that measure there can't be many people left alive in countries where 40 degrees is routine...

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

36 degrees - if it is low humidity - is really not difficult to manage. Just sweat a little and you cool off naturally. Or take a shower... Job done.

Here (Brisbane, Australia) we get 36 degrees in summer with 85% humidity or more - and it often only falls to 25-28 degrees minimum at night... Oh the fun!

• Like 1

Surely if thousands die because they ignore advice like "Drink plenty of liquids, wear a hat, don't spend too long in the sun" then it can be classed as natural selection!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Totally agree. But please can we add all the other fcukwitterry that stupid people get up to to that list as well?  We need more natural selection as too many stupid people are living longer than they should.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

I’m sure it will be about any day now that Asda will decide to put out their Christmas display. ☃️🎅🏽🎄❄️🤣

• Haha 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Rain due to some parts Wednesday. Stand by for the flood alerts.....