free hit
counters
Have your say on 20mph speed limits across Hampshire - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Have your say on 20mph speed limits across Hampshire

tezzan

FYI:

Hampshire County Council is seeking the views of residents about 20 mph limits within Hampshire

Councillor Edward Heron, Hampshire County Council’s Executive Lead Member for Transport and Environment Strategy, said: “We are keen to hear from as many residents, businesses and other stakeholders as possible, to find out their views on the implementation of 20mph limits in the context of other highways priorities and the County Council's statutory duties to maintain the highway in a safe condition within a limited budget.  
“The findings from the survey, together with data about use of the highway, speed enforcement, road safety and environmental impacts will be important in helping to shape future policy relating to 20mph speed limits in Hampshire and, in turn, future decision-making around 20mph speed limits.” 

The survey is available at: https://www.hants.gov.uk/transport/transportschemes/20mph-speed-limits-consultation and should take just 15 minutes to complete. 

It is open until midnight on Monday 12 September 2022.

• Thanks 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have completed it.

I am sure that they will not like my answers. It does not matter, really, they will not listen!

I'm just over the border in West Sussex so can't respond to this but no doubt WSCC will be looking at something similar. Already happening in Wales I believe.

Seems like nonsense to me. All of the advancements in car technology and braking have probably halved the stopping distances since the 30mph limit was conceived, yet still it apparently leads us to the need to slow traffic down even further.

I wonder whether cyclists will be observing (or even be obliged to observe) the same limits..?

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Done, but I suspect my responses will be statistically removed as outliers. 

Also done, allowed me to get a few bugbears of my chest. I feel sorry for the poor robot that has to read my rantings on pot holes and lycra clad suicidal cyclists considering they only want to know about speed limits.